March MML for GASP

Killer Joe

This month will mark the second game of the 4 game Spring Season and I've ranted enough about combo-decks and I'm refusing to play an anti-combo deck. So, if a combo decks wins again this month (this Saturday) I won't complain,....really.

However, this Month's "Theme Deck" game at 4:30 following the MML "Regular" game is CREATURE FEATURE!!!!!

I hate creature feature because, well, I hate creatures, mostly. :eek:

Here's my list so far for this game:
RW Life-Burn
2 Mageta, the Lion
1 Razia, Boros Archangel
2 Razormane Masticore
4 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Mogg Fanatic
2 Duplicant
3 Mirror Golem
3 Exalted Angel
4 Frostling
3 Eternal dragon
4 Flametongue Kavu
3 Voice of All
3 Windborn Muse (dammit, I'm gonna play control one way or another!!!)

10 Snow-covered Plains
4 Snow-covered Mountains
4 Mouth of Ronom
2 Plateau
3 Sacred Foundry

This is what I have for now; I expect several Sliver Decks so I was thinking about putting in 2 or 3 copies of the artifact sliver for 1 mana, ...maybe.

More later

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
These may be cool... not all in your deck, but in some deck.
Angus Mackenzie
Bane of the Living
False Prophet (WOG in creature form)
Ixidron
Mageta the Lion
Magus of the Disk
Major Teroh
Marble Titan
Peacekeeper
Platinum Angel

D

DarthFerret

I am not familiar with your format, but for any creature feature, Savanah Lions are a good choice early rounder...

Killer Joe

The format is Multi-player Creature Feature and the environment is slow since combo-decks are practically eliminated in this format. Believe me, I want to play RW Boros with Suntail Hawk, Savannah Lion and other fast weenies but they don't stand a chance in the long game. :(

Killer Joe

Killer Joe said:
This month will mark the second game of the 4 game Spring Season and I've ranted enough about combo-decks and I'm refusing to play an anti-combo deck. So, if a combo decks wins again this month (this Saturday) I won't complain,....really.
Okay, the regular MML game is tomorrow and I may have changed my mind. I was thinking about that Erayo Soratami Descendant
http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisplay.php?product=37049
lock down deck I mentioned before.

That's just evil if I can get it off. :cool:

F

Force of Will Smith

I'm not sure if your format allows it, but for complete r/w control with lifegain and burn forget spells like char and go for effects you can respond to..

peace of mind or skullmead cauldron is good for life gain.

i.e.

keeper of the light, keeper of the flame
orcish artillery(2 to target 3 to you)

slapping a spirit link or the new returning spirit link on an artillery would be amazing. tap, deal 2, gain 3 life. toss a second one on there and your life goes thru the roof.

say youre at 13, their at 13
at the end of your turn you mana burn for one, youre at 12
tap keeper of light (3 life on the stack), tap keeper of flame (2 damage on stack), respond with a second keeper of flame, respond with keeper of light.

+6 life +4 damage
them 8, you 19
you can go from equal to double their life in the right circumstances.

them if you use multiple artillery to clear their creatures, it'll give you enough flexibility to recur your life and damage stacks.

i made a r/w deck like this and it stomps
its worst match is a copy artifact/sculpting steel chalice of the void for both 2 and 3.

but most decks would.

F

Force of Will Smith

heh. yep.
I've been pretty busy with my long commute and work.

:D

Killer Joe

The format we used was: Creature spells only. Lands and critters and that's it.

The guy who won in less than a half an hour had a combo of Triskelion and Vampiric Something or other that made his Triskelion a vampire and gain a +1/+1 counter each time it damaged a creature.............it was sweet and we all lost due to his double Kokusho for a game finisher.

Personally, I lost due to my lack of real preparation. :(

As for the main MML game a combo deck won using the old Mycosynth Lattice/Blasting Station/Summoning Station trick. Again, its my fault we all lost quickly and horribly due to my lack of real preparation. :(

Killer Joe

Honestly, I have been purposely using under strength decks so as not to DOMINATE the group, weird, huh?

If I lose because I got out played by a better player then I'm okay with that. If I lose knowing full well the deck I'm using is not as powerful as it could be because for some weird honorable gesture on my part to NOT use powerful decks, then I guess I get a little *hacked* at myself.

Policing ones self is HARD! :(

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
Honestly, I have been purposely using under strength decks so as not to DOMINATE the group, weird, huh?

If I lose because I got out played by a better player then I'm okay with that. If I lose knowing full well the deck I'm using is not as powerful as it could be because for some weird honorable gesture on my part to NOT use powerful decks, then I guess I get a little *hacked* at myself.

Policing ones self is HARD! :(
Maybe you are playing in the wrong group? Maybe you need to get you butt handed to you in a PTQ or GPT tournament to remind you of why you are playing casual to begin with.....

Oh, was I saying that out loud? uh.....
Nevermind...... :D

Killer Joe

hmmmmmm,.... you indeed are wise my friend, I'll think about that, maybe this Friday I'll go to the local shop have that very thing happen to me. :)

Thanks

F

Force of Will Smith

I like to mix it up.
I have a hand full of amazing decks that have only lost maybe 5% of the time they've been played.. then again they aren't fun to play.. just to put punk kids in their place :D

Mostly i like to make insanely powerful decks with a huge gaping hole in them..
if you're prepared for that, good job... otherwise you be dead ..

Killer Joe

Here's the deal for me and this whole MML/Casual game play.

First of all I'm starting to realize I've got it all wrong. I have been willfully putting the two in the same kind of category. Except that the MML is actually an organized multiplayer "Tournament" and all other games we play at GASP are "casual".

So I will renew my approach and get back on the saddle and return once again to "The Road to Tourneyland"! That's what I'm missing in my magic life :)

"Happy trails to you, until we meet again,...."