making a new deck finally.

P

pallad

It's been a while, but school catches up with all of us. I'm trying to make a black with maybe a spalsh of red recursion deck, with exhumes and at least two living deaths and two infernal genesis to help the creatures get in the graveyard. can anyone out there help me finish up the deck? i'm starting to suck in colors outside of green.

K

krichaiushii

What about creatures that pull themselves out of the graveyard?

Nether Shadow and Ashen Ghoul just pop out when 3 creatures are above them, Necrosavant comes out when paying lots of mana (and a creature sacrifice, I think) and Pyre Zombie and Shard Phoenix can be pulled into your hand from the graveyard, as well. The Shard Phoenix can also be used to remove all the pesky token creatures the Infernal Genesis will cause.

Death Spark is a fun card to consider, while Hammer of Bogarden's consideration should be in how many, not should I at all.

Cards that let you remove cards from graveyards...

Cannibalize might be good creature removal, as well as Disentigrate, due to their remove from game affects.

Buried Alive and Bazaar of Baghdad also fill your graveyard quite quickly.

If you add blue, you gain scads of library manipulation (Frantic Search and Fact or Fiction come to mind...) and fun creatures (and countermagic).

Hope some of this helps.

D

Duel

And who says you can't use green? the ideal card for a recursion deck is SoF.

Anyways, you probably want a nasty recursor deck, so here's what I'dm use for an outline:

4 Exhume
4 Victimize
4 Buried alive
2 Carrion beetles
4 Dark rituals
2 Volrath
4 Avatar of woe
4 Bog witch
3 rupture (Some good finisher!)
2 Earthquake
4 Avalanche riders
3 pillage

If you're using black/green, however, you can produce a MUCH nastier deck
4 SoF
4 Living death
3 rhox
4 Thorn elemental
4 Bop
4 Wall of roots
4 Avatar of woe
2 exhume
2 llanowar elves
3 Utopia tree
2 Tradewind rider
1 Cloudchaser eagle
1 uktabi orangutang
1 Avalanche riders
1 nekrataal
and land.

P

pallad

wow, duel.

green would be a great contribution to the deck, and besides i have plenty of green creatures.
now just to find someone with some survival of the fittest and some recurring nightmares...

D

Duel

Recurring nightmare seems inferior to living death in this particular deck (feel free to yell at me). I'd put in maybe 2.

P

pallad

alright, i think i can get two easily. can you suggest any good creatures to put into the deck besides some of the ones above? i'd like to make the deck as odd as possible.

D

Duel

Sliver queen, Serra Avatar, spike feeder, Keldon --- (Deals 3 when it comes into play),
Wall of blossoms is good as well