Make me a multiplayer!

L

Lythand

I ussualy play multiplayer games on Thursdays, and have been lost for Ideas. I was hoping someone would be willing to design a Multiplayer deck for me. keep in mind I play with about 10 people at one game.

Thanks

N

Nightstalkers

do you want a deck that will take on all ten people, or just screw everyone?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to do a search here on MP or Multiplayer in the subject line and see what comes up...

L

Lythand

LOL i did some searching. Didn't find anything I liked.

Either way, to mess em up or take all 10. I think it would be fun to be more annoying and kill one at a time then kill all 10, but either one is fine :)

Thanks

N

Nightstalkers

I will not build decks for anyone seeing that I design all of my decks with one weakness. Be it lack of flying protection, easily trampled creatures, or just weak against strong combo's you would not want to use any of them.
I do work in helping out with creating a combo though. Hm, Multiplayer, ten people... thats a toughy. But I have something you will like if your like me :D

Cards you'll need:

Grafted Skullcap
Ensnaring Bridge
Cursed Scroll

What you do is plop down the scrolls and ensnaring as fast as you can, then use your trusty skullcap to keep your opponents away during their respective turns. You'll of course be using a red deck with burn spells so using the scroll to show your opponent the cards would be fun because you would just let him see what will be cast after a few seconds of desition from you. Just try this because in my past life a friend by the name The Cheese used to use this in multiplay in the type I tournaments we had and actually won every time...

Thats all of my ranting for now. Good Luck!

13NoVa

my multiplayer im comming up with is actually halfway effective

It works like this....

4 Bubble Matrix
4 avatar of hope
4 wall of Glare
4 pariah
4 orims chant
4 dissenchant
4 swords to plowshares
4 fountian watch
4 sunkin field
4 disruptive pitmage
4 disruptive student
4 howling mine
4 thran foundry

11 islands
11 plains

Total of 70 cards. the point is to get a howling mine, a bubble matrix, and eitehr of avatar or a wall or glare. The howling mine will draw everyone, while you are safe with your thran foundries. the only counterspells are the fields and the pitmages/students. With a pariah on a creature and a bubble matrix in play, the only things that can kill you are: Creature removal, artifact destruction, MASS destruction. theres others but i havent came accross it

T

train

I think a fast black green deck with elves/artifact mana would work well...

You could have a natural affinity out, and then pernicious deed for 0 - and it's an early or late armageddon...:eek: :D

C

Captain Caveman

Nine opponents,....WoW.

I'm not sure how to approach a MP game that big. I'd probably
play White/X, Like 13NoVa suggested. White would be able
to deal with Artifact, Creatures and Enchantments. Then the
splash color could fill in some holes. I'm partial to G/W myself.
I guess it really depends on you card pool.

Ferret

Staff member
The secret to a massive multiplayer game is to not be noticed. One of the peole I played w/ once had a Forcefield in play. He buil up an army of token creatures and he always kept quiet. Everyone kept killing each other and whenit was down to about two or three people he would make his move and usually walk away w/ the win.

So, just keep quiet. Watch what everyone else is doing, drink lots of soda (never be afraid to grab one for someone else - they'll remember this when deciding who to attack) and as the herd thins you'll do fine. Also, if you have a Howling Mine or a Mana Flare you'll be very popular.

-Ferret

"Hey! You attacked Ken w/ his two Mines! I'm going to kill you!"

L

Lythand

Originally posted by Ferret
The secret to a massive multiplayer game is to not be noticed. One of the peole I played w/ once had a Forcefield in play. He buil up an army of token creatures and he always kept quiet. Everyone kept killing each other and whenit was down to about two or three people he would make his move and usually walk away w/ the win.

So, just keep quiet. Watch what everyone else is doing, drink lots of soda (never be afraid to grab one for someone else - they'll remember this when deciding who to attack) and as the herd thins you'll do fine. Also, if you have a Howling Mine or a Mana Flare you'll be very popular.

-Ferret

"Hey! You attacked Ken w/ his two Mines! I'm going to kill you!"
Thats so true to keep quiet. The only thing is they have labled me as a "gun slinger" and even if I don't play anything threatening, they try to take me out as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone who posted for me. It was well appreciated

B

bryson430

I'd say:

Green/white

Look unassuming
Use White utility (and these days, green!) to stay alive
Use Green to get a stupid quantity of Mana together
Use Both to get (slightly) ahead on life (Congregate rocks in MP, but may make you too unpopular)

Wait until the blue folks have a counterspell exchange.
Hurricane their oinks.

Laugh maniacally...

M

Mikeymike

Thats so true to keep quiet. The only thing is they have labled me as a "gun slinger" and even if I don't play anything threatening, they try to take me out as soon as possible.
In that case you should build a White-Red retribution deck.

Reflect Damage, Reverse Damage, Eye for an Eye...basically things that make your opponent(s) regret attacking you. These particular spells are nice to run with Mazes of Ith and/or Kor Haven, as your opponents will try to collaborate and make you tap your damage prevention to clear the way for a fatty - where you surpise them with one of these.

Trust me, that first Reflect Damage will prevent anyone from mindlessly attacking you throughout the game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's a good idea. I was thinking of building a red/white deck just because I have Worship and that Orgg that takes you down to one life when he CIP, but wasn't sure how to flesh it out...

K

Killerbob

I think 2 of the all-time-greates MP cards are grave pact and propaganda. Grave pact attracts attention, but you really dont care if you have a lot of creatures to sac. Play zombies. But it annoys people. Someone will disenchant it.
With 10 opponents, propaganda is very good. Its a good "keep-quiet" card. They can attack you. But, hey! Its easier to attack someone else! Which is exactly what you want them to do. They will kill each other. Noone will disenchant it. Because it doesnt hurt them in any way. The problem is, that blue is no good MP collor. Countermagic in MP stinks. And if you are playing some steal-strategy they WILL notice you! Maybe something with tradewind riders and creatures with counter-abilities.

N

Nightstalkers

Why make a multiplayer only deck??? Just use a red deck with grafted (Legal in type II because of reprint in 7th), Ensnaring Bridge (T2 Legal, 7th), and for the multiplay... Cursed Scroll :D

Of course you can throw out the scrolls and other such nonsense when entering the tournaments if you have to :mad: but thats up to you...

Lets see:

22 Mountain
4 Cursed Scroll
4 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Grafted Skullcap

Thats 34 cards...

4 Ember
4 Flameburst

Just 18 cards to go... :yawn:

4 Spark Spray
4 Fiery Temper
4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Embermage Goblin

Hmm, 2 more... :mad:

1 Searing Flesh
1 Kaboom!

I feel that a Kaboom! is in store for anyone against this deck... I think :confused:

T

train

*Sits back with a nice cool glass of Lemonade and Watches Nightstalkers begin washing Lythand's car...*