Magic The Gathering Offline?

Ferret

Staff member
Let's see if I can have better luck in the daytime:

11:14am EDT - typed in logon/pw.
11:15am - Connected!

Still can't figure out how to change my wretched Avatar! Am I going to be that annoying blue guy forever?? Again, none of those new features are here...just prettier menus...

11:18 started a duel. Opponent lost connection.
11:20 while waiting, decided to edit my profile. After changing the text, an error message popped up and the game crashed...

-Ferret

"...but, it still beats putting up w/ the players at the local gaming shops!"

O

orgg

I've been going to "beginner's mode" and using the Training Room's free decks just to get use to the new card face...

The Artifacts still bother me, though I kinda like the new artwork for Rod of Ruin... but not the card's boarder...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by orgg
I've been going to "beginner's mode" and using the Training Room's free decks just to get use to the new card face...

The Artifacts still bother me, though I kinda like the new artwork for Rod of Ruin... but not the card's boarder...
I tried doing that last night- the Green deck can totally squish the Red deck...I don't mind the new look, but the artifacts look too much like White cards...

-Ferret

"I want the promised features, darn it!"

Ferret

Staff member
Well, it's been over a week since 2.0 was released and it looks like the guys at Hasbro/WotC still can't get it right. I've lost connection twice today while in the middle of playing 2hG games. I seriously hope that it was a full crash so that my fellow players don't think that I bugged out on them...

-Ferret

"Starting to lose my patience w/ my 'investment'"

T

train

I think it's time to get Nightstalkers involved...

"Yes, we rang..."

N

Notepad

Oooh, will we have him use Dakmor Plague and kill everyone at WotC HQ? :D :D :D

Seriously, this v2.0 sucks. Its almost as if that Robo Jeff Donais cartoon of mine is true... :(

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

When I saw this thread among the older threads that have been bumped up, I was tempted to ask if the service was back up yet ;)... but I take it it's not... :(

Ferret

Staff member
Oh, it's up - then it's down - then it's up - then it's down again.

Yesterday, I got booted while in the middle of a couple of games - later that evening there were no problems. The game is (more-or-less) working. A few of the new features (such as auto-pairing) are still not up yet...at least, we can still play...

-Ferret

"The Trade Chat feature is neat, though"

N

Notepad

>> A few of the new features (such as auto-pairing) are still not up yet...

A promised feature that was more than well paid for (a lot of people rushed back just to play in this new game). I wanna be able to hook up with other prismatic players dammit...

T

train

I haven't been on in a month or 2... but I'm going to let all this cool down before I do anything with it...