Magic Online News 05/25/2006

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bennie Smith brings news about Magic Online 3.

Regarding "free play week" - About 1-2 weeks before launch, we'll open the system up to everyone (with or without) and account and allow people to play on the system for free.
That's pretty cool... I doubt I'll have time to try it out, but maybe other people are interested...

N

Nightstalkers

I know of an online game that allows you to play "for free" as well. You only have to submit a major credit card and still you have to wait for them to check that it's a legitimate credit card to even play.

"free" is too loose of a term.

Ferret

Staff member
When it comes to the internet, there doesn't appear to be anything "free". Any time you click on a link for "free" anything, you find yourself having to give credit card numbers, your address, phone number, blood type, DNA sample, first born's name and address...you get the picture.

Even if MTGO 3.0 has "free" pay, you'll still have to buy cards if you want to play - and LOTS of them if you want to be competitive.

-Ferret

"Love the game, hate the neverending cycle!"

N

Nightstalkers

Hell, if I don't have to give out much info about myself to play MTGO I'd do it. Most of the time I'm fine with low end cards and cards that people toss at me as being "trash" and the like. You can make junk diver decks and play in a relatively fun format.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> Don't know the details or meaning of "free" here.

But Computer Gaming Magazine, for the past three years, has been putting out their "100 Free Games" article every year and though a good half are mods to games you already have to have, they are all links to the sites where you don't have to enter anything. Just click and download.