Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild Dawn

• None, they're all *really* bad!!!

• Total voters
A

Almindhra

Well, just got another advisery panel thingymabobber from Wizard's...This time they asked about possible Magic Expansion's names, and here they are:

• Hordes
  • Legions
  • Awakening
  • Savage Wilds
  • Wildscape
  • Raging Wilds
  • Animus
  • Wild Dawn

Now, I would like Animus, but I think that sounds too much like anus...So my fav, and the only one I really liked, was Awakening...I think the other ones are quite stinky...

And then it asked for my ideas for names, so heres what I came up with on the spot:

• Revenge
  • Punishment
  • Void
  • Almindhra's Fury **Yeah, make a new person called Almindhra and name the expansion after her ;)**
  • Tribulation
  • Insanity

And Luke just came up with Vengence....

So what are your ideas for names?...And what do you think of Wiz's attempt at making some?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are they running out of names or something? :) This must be for 2 or three expansions in the future...

If these are the actual names of expansions (not "codenames", I think they're ok, but with all the imaginiative people out there, better ideas can probably be found.

U

Ura

yeesh, those are all pretty lousy. :(
I thought they had more creative people than this, must have run out of juice or "secret ingredients" since the Urza cycle.

From the looks of those names its like they're making sets all about animals and beasties and such. Why not just call it WotC Zoo, or Arcane Armies, or something with a little flare. blehhh

In stupidly related info, my old metal band was named Animus, we even released an indi cd under that name.

H

Hetemti

Aside from Hordes, Legion, and Awakening, they all suck TERRIBLY. But they're all crap. Here's my list of suggestions.

Uprising
Corruption
Downfall
Rebirth
Shattered Aligence
The Exalted
Vedetta (Yes, I know. :D)
Rememberance
Pandemonium
Forgotten Realms
Retribution
Purgatory

Killer Joe

Badlands
Titans
Glory Days (maybe old game mechanics revisited)
Dominaria's Revenge (story related, I know)
Phoenix (introducing NEW rules)
Testiment
New Order
The Cure
Depeche Mode
10,000 Maniacs..........oops, I got lost,......what was the question again :)?

I

Istanbul

Armageddon
Inspiration
Epic
Exploration
Epiphany
Ambition
Opposition
Amalgam

L

LlanowarGoblin

Of those in the poll I like Awakening. It just sounds like it would mesh with other expansions.

Of the others mentioned I like:

Uprising, Corruption and Downfall as a block.
Retribution
Epiphony

Most of the others don't suit the style of MTG.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I agree with the masses and have to go with Awakening. Plus, I liked the card, too.

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

fuzzy510

I guess I'm a hypocrite. I think that all of the names on the poll are bad, but I can't think of any good ones of my own.

C

Cateran Emperor

No, that doesn't make you a hypocrite fuzzy.

On a side note, blech. None of those names sound nearly as good as what we're used to. Did they get a new set of guys to name sets, or is the old one running out of ideas?

D

Dune Echo

I can't remember any of the names I put in except maybe Return.

Honestly, Hordes, Legions, and Wildscape appeal to me the most. Hordes just sounds like a huge creature set and Legions sort of does too. Wildscape sounds like a radical departure from the storyline, which this is a fantasy-based card game, you DON'T need to have a world that people connect with every time. Wildscape sounds like a great place to kinda start over. It also reminds me of Arcadia: The Wylde Hunt which sounds like a cool theme and mechanics to incorporate into Magic.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I like Hetemti the best. Alot of the options they gave were really bland; to have a good expansion name, you have to have a cool un-used name.

My suggestions?

Villain
Vices
Thamutrgy