Magic Cards

L

linsivvi

When people are looking in the rules and questions, or strategies section, sometimes they name strange, old antequities cards to which i have no idea as to what they do. Would it be possible, that everytime someone writes the name of a magic card, to link that to, say the mtgnews spoiler for that name so we click on it and it shows us what it is? I could look it up myslef, but i am rather lazy....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have to do that myself...

Beats me how hard it is to code an automatic link. That's Ed's domain. Probably the best thing is to just ask what the card is and someone will post it :)

D

DeathMaster666

I think we should have them, kinda like MtgNews. If you use {card} and put the card name, it links to WotC's autocard thing. Of course replace the { with [. Just a thought.

N

Nightstalkers

Fine! I'll share my secrets with everyone. You just have to sign a "nonbinding agreement" with WotC to become their advertising slave forever....

Or just slip out of it and do what I do:

]
Use the below url to goto the cards you want.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocard.asp?name=

You edit in the cards and use [ to fill in spaces.

So, if you wanted to go lookup an undiscovered paradise you'd want to:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocard.asp?name=Undiscovered[Paradise

Its that easy.

:D Enjoy!
Undiscovered Paradise

Possessed Barbarian

T

train

The only thing I can think of - if do-able... is that not every Magic card name would be speaking of the Magic card...

Ex.: I can "recall" seeing a thread like that somewhere...

or in an off-topic forum:
We like to go "mountain" hiking.

or asking nightstalkers a question:
How many times have you been struck by a "Lightning Bolt" Nightstalkers?...:p

That's the only thing I can think of...

Cool idea though.:cool:

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by train
The only thing I can think of - if do-able... is that not every Magic card name would be speaking of the Magic card...

Ex.: I can "recall" seeing a thread like that somewhere...

or in an off-topic forum:
We like to go "mountain" hiking.

or asking nightstalkers a question:
How many times have you been struck by a "Lightning Bolt" Nightstalkers?...:p

That's the only thing I can think of...

Cool idea though.:cool:
I've been through a lot, but I haven't been hit by lightning yet... or I just don't remember it anymore.

But yes, there was a topic I brought up a while ago. I posted it in the testing forum because I needed an area to play around with the code and figure out how it works. Kinda stupid, but yes, I needed it at the time.

T

Tabasco

Is it at all possible to get the card reference vb code enabled??

so that when I type [card]morphling[/card] it provides a link to morphlings errata info, and pic, and what the card does etc?

N

Notepad

Seems like that would be quite a hassal for the coders...

Nightstalkers has a good method for ripping off WotC's version of the card popup though.

N

Nightstalkers

Its not ripping off WotC, its advertising.

I honor and uphold all contracts I sign and adhere to them as though to a lifeline.

Nightstalker Exterra

N

Notepad

Why? They make such great portable latrines when you decide to urinate on them instead of sing/honor them...

N

Nightstalkers

You'll learn in life that contracts are worth more than the paper their printed on in court.

Quite more than some people realize that is.

Nightstalker Exterra