Magic---A movie

• Thread starter immortal grave walker
  • Start date
I

immortal grave walker

If they were ever to make a movie based on magic, and they only picked 1 set,or sub set wich would you want to see?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Hmm... how about 5th edition? ;)

Nah, Legends definately. Legends rule. Imagine seeing the Master of the Hunt leading his pack across the Moat towards a Mirror Universe with a large Planar Gate behind them, just in front of Alchor's Tomb (I think that's its name), and the 5 elder dragons swooping around in the sky, fighting random kobolds. :D

Yeah, those were the days...

T

theorgg

The first sencible idea for a magic moovie: based on a subset of cards.

I'd have to say Homelands. If you've ever read the Homlands comic book, you know that it's full of interesting characters, drama, and the potential for a three-hour blockbuster drama/action moovie.

so Homelands gets my vote.

...now playing-Homelands, based on the world of Magic: the gathering from paramount/hasbro productions.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

You know. This should be in the Voting Forum.
The Urza story is the best set for a movie, in my opinion.
Thae Brother's war should be first, ending with a cliffhanger. (somewhat )
Then the sequel, which is the Urza's block.
Two movies, and one masterplot. Now that's a story! :D

G

Gumby Khan

Great idea! I loved the Brothers War and that plot never gets old. Cain and Abel, The Man in the Iron Mask, Speed Racer and Racer X, etc....

I could see late in the pic...Peter O'tool playing Urza and Sean Connery playing Mishra. Ashnod would have to be Catherine Zeta-Jones. :p Tawnos could be played by Chris O'Donnell, but any clean-cut kid could do it. The animators can have a field day with phyrexian beasts and Thran Weaponry!

Wonder if someone could get Steven Spielberg's ear on this? Maybe after George Lucas is done with Star Wars, he could pick this project up? I would promise to watch it AND buy the large soda plus popcorn! :)

S

Spaceman Spiff

tag guard

I vote for Legends too, that would rock. :D