Magic 2015 Card Gallery

T

Terentius

Do core sets usually have this many original cards? Also, where's the rest?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Do core sets usually have this many original cards?
Core sets for the past several years have been including a lot of original cards. I don't know what the ratio has been. Good question.

Also, where's the rest?
The set hasn't all been spoiled yet. It doesn't come out until next month.

None of the flavor text that starts with "Designed by" makes any sense to me.
Yeah, that part seems pointless. I want cards to be good. I don't care who designed them.

New font is finally bugging me. I didn't think I'd care at all, but apparently I do.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The font in the card names and types is clearly different. Look at the R's in Return to the Ranks.

The regular card text looks about the same to me.

T

Terentius

I think the reason for all the new (and really good) stuff is I guess the start of the third decade of Magic. The original card frame was what, '94 to '04? Then the Modern frame was '04 to '14...

I was surprised that Ajani got a fifth walker card to tie with Garruk (and Jace?), after his fourth in Theros, but Garruk (and Jace) just got another.

Also a ton of stuff with convoke...I think that's going to have a big impact on the game.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think the reason for all the new (and really good) stuff is I guess the start of the third decade of Magic. The original card frame was what, '94 to '04? Then the Modern frame was '04 to '14...
Well, no. The original frame was created in 1993 and the "modern" frame was created in 2003. But this is a smaller change in comparison. I'd think it would even be smaller than changes that occurred in the early years. But it does look like this will be a pretty cool core set. I think WotC has just gotten a better handle on how they want the core set to work.

I was surprised that Ajani got a fifth walker card to tie with Garruk (and Jace?), after his fourth in Theros, but Garruk (and Jace) just got another.
Yeah, those three guys will all have five now. There's probably some unwritten rule that there must always be a Jace in Standard.