Mageddon

L

Lythand

Well this is an old idea but i think with the current cards and some tweeking. This deck can kick ass once again.

4x Marble Diamond
4x Emerald (? I think its called Emerald) Diamond
4X Worldly Tutor
2x Mageta the Lion
4x Living Terrain (the beating stick)
4x Chemiric Idol
4x Forgotten Harvest
4x Armaggedon
2x Wild might
4x Thresher Beast
4x Birds of Paradise

4x Rishedan Port.
4x Remote Farm
4x Hickory Woodlot
7x Plains
7x Forest

Total 62

This deck is based off the old Ermaggeddon deck. I think with Armageddon and Mageta the Lion, this deck will kick ass!
I am not an excellent deck builder so this deck may be a bit weak but I think it has potential. So if anyone can enlighten me as to add or remove something, plaes feel free to comment. Keep in mind it has to stay Type 2 legal.

G

Griffith_se

That Green one is Moss Diamond. I would comment on your list, but I've already made to many dumb suggestions today. :) Maybe I'll Make a dumb suggestion tomorrow. ;)

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 5th, 2000 at 07:20 PM]

M

Multani

Tag Guard

You have suuuch a high image of yourself Griffith_se, don't you? :)

L

Lythand

Thanks big "g"...I knew it was some sort of diamond...ok...any help anyone?

I

Istanbul

Lose Chimeric Idol (good in a Geddon deck) and use either a few mana elves and Darba (Darbageddon) or, better yet, four Mungha Worms (Munghageddon).

L

Lythand

You dont think that the idol would be good..cause I can imagine you will always tap out, or if you have no lands, it becomes a creature

L

Lythand

Ok..I am contemplating this as a new deck list:

4x Marble Diamond
4x Moss diamond
4X Worldly Tutor
2x Mageta the Lion
4x Forgotten Harvest
4x Llanawar elves
4x Mungha Worms
4x Armaggedon
2x Wild might
4x Thresher Beast
4x Birds of Paradise

4x Rishedan Port.
4x Remote Farm
4x Hickory Woodlot
7x Plains
7x Forest

Total 62

Ok..there is a new one..any other modifications anyone?

I plan to try this in a tourney

[Edited by Lythand on June 6th, 2000 at 03:16 AM]

Killer Joe

I see how one would think that Remote Farm and Hickory Woodlot would make faster mana but you're already getting fast mana by your Diamonds and Creature mana producers. Basic land will keep the deck running smooth. Besides, if you 'geddon while still having counters left on those lands, well, then that's wasted mana.
Maybe you might want to try and put Groundskeeper and Maro in the deck because of the synergy (1.Armageddon 2.Use other mana sources to bring back the land 3.Maro gets bigger 4.Opponent dies.)
Also, as an experiment, try the Ramo's body parts instead of the diamonds, I they are Horn of Ramos (Green) and Tooth of Ramos (White).

D

Duel

Well, a nice crippling spell in geddon might be squirrel wrangler, because it gives your mana a purpose before scrificing it to geddon. Jolreal will work well too, making mageta a geddon just for your opponent's lands.

I think that blue-white geddon might be better. With trade routes, the artifact mana, opposition, and a few creatures you can efficiently shut down a deck. With Alexi it's even easier, not only do they have no mana and no creatures, but their thorn elementals are in their hand. Well, here's my variant

Artifacts:
4 Marble diamond
4 Sky diamond
2 Eye of Ramos
2 The blue ramos organ

Spells:
4 Armagodcard
4 mystic tutors (I wanna geddon NOW!)
2 Mageta the Lion
1 Alexi, zephyr mage
4 Diving Griffin
2 Copper-leaf angel (let's work those lands!)
4 Disruptive student
2 Wrath of god (is this legal? If not, replace it with rhystic study. Yes, I know they're completely different.)
4 counterspell
3 withdraw

9 Plains
9 Islands

G

Gizmo

Your deck runs too much like a combo, you only have one real plan - Mageta, then Geddon - and everything else is built around doing that one thing. So I ask - why play Wordly Tutor to get a Mageta when you could just play another 4 monsters that work perfectly well with Geddon effects. You also have WAY too much mana, a lot of the time you will be drawing excess mana and have nothing to do with it. This is especially true because you have no way to find the Geddon, if you don`t draw one you`ll be sitting on 9,000,000 mana sources and with no real way of using them.

Random swap suggestions coming up (I have to be on the field for kick-off in 13 minutes, so this won`t have a ton of though behind it)

-8 Diamonds
-4 Wordly Tutor
-4 Forgotten Harvest
-4 Thresher Beast
-2 Wild Might

+2 Mother Of Runes
+4 Blastoderm
+3 Simian Grunts/Yavimaya Elder/3cc Monster of your choice
+2 Blinding Angel
(you`d want some Masticores in, I guess, or Tangle Wires - but those sort of cards are subject to availability, without those cards I would probably do something like this)
+2 Rofellos/Priest Of Titania
+4 Plow Under
+3 Disenchant
+2 Arrest

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really like the concept of creatures with echo in a 'Geddon deck. It seems to me you'll be paying echo at times when you should be blowing up the lands. You'll run into trouble if you don't 'Geddon when the time is right. I don't like Blastoderm for a similar reason. You should 'Geddon when you have the advantage creature-wise, but with Blastoderm your advantage goes away at some point. True, it's 5/5, but a 4 mana temporary creature might not be the best answer.

Gizmo's right about the mana. More lands/mana sources and fatties is probably not the best combo. That's way too many Diamonds, for one thing. I've never found it good to use more than 2 of each at most, but then I use them as straight replacements for lands.

He's right about the Tutors too. I'd switch in 4 River Boas myself, for some speed and Bluekillability (I like that - Bluekillability ;)). You might want to re-think that mana curve a bit, since you're packing 10 4/5cc creatures. That's a lot for a 'Geddon deck, even with all those alternative mana sources. The object here should be to get something out fast that's tough (like a Mungha, or the Mageta), then blow up all the land and serve beats. If you get a draw that has 3 or more fatties you'll never get them out in time to save your butt from a good Stampy variant.

Just a few thoughts. I hope that helps. :D

L

Lythand

I have read so far everyones post and thank you all for the advise. I have used a little of everyones Ideas so far. And am now contemplating another deck. This is the help i was looking for. So here is what I have come up with.

2X Marble Diamond
2x Moss diamond
4x Wrath of god
4x River Boa
4x Forgotten Harvest
4x Llanawar elves
4x Mungha worms
4x Armaggedon
4x Plow under
4x Thresher Beast
4x Birds of Paradise

4x Rishedan Port.
8x Plains
8x Forest

I want to remove either the Mungha worms or the Thresher Beast. I am not sure wich to remove and what to relace it with..I was thinking of some 3/3 creature with amybe a 3 casting cost...Which brings me back to the Chemiric Idol

G

Gizmo

The thing with Blastoderm is that I have found it to be such a unique threat, people die to it when they could beat ANY other creature, in the same way other decks lose to Masticore when they were otherwise safe. A Blastoderm only does 15 damage, true, but you can find another 5 from your Elves and so on. Blastoderm is worth using.

S

Seeker of Truth

Anyway, here's my two cents...

I think Argothian Wurm would be a good choice to play in an Armageddon-type deck, since one in hand after an Armageddon means either 6/6 beatings for 4 mana or repeated LD until your opponent can't play a land. You could also use it as regular LD, along with the Plow Unders and such, and not even bother with Armageddon once you have a Wurm and a Thresher Beast applying massive beatdown. This is the creature combination that I was thinking could form the basis of a new green LD deck, and I think those Wurms are really underrated as a means of beatdown.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe you can find a slot for Dustcowl Wurm since he grows every time your opponent plays a land.

G

galtwish

Blastoderm is the man. he should go in just about every heavy green deck. If you want to go G/W geddon, here's my suggestion:

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Birds of Paradise
4 River Boa
4 Mother of Ruins
2 Uktabi Orangutan
4 Blastoderm
2 Masticore
4 Armageddon
3 Creeping Mold
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Seal of Cleansing
1 Parallax Wave
1 Worship
2 Treetop Village
4 Brushland
4 Rishadan Port
5 Plains
8 Forest

Nothing like beating Blue or Red with Worship and Mom/Blastodem/Masticore when they don't expect it first game.

Erik

M

Multani

Tag Guard

In a Sideboard, you could consider using Defense of the Heart as a countermeasure against weenie and Rebel Decks.
Also consider the new Green Avatar.
Just some thoughts. :)

L

Lythand

Thanks everyone..I think I will stat a deck now. I have taken everyones advise into consideration..made notes..and now I will start play testing. So as I play I will try to incorporate a little of everyones ideas into the deck and I will hopfully find a tourny level deck to play. Thanks again. I am still accepting suggestions. So please keep submitting.

G

galtwish

This unfortunately, isn't really a tourney level deck. It just doesn't seem to work very well. Gizmo was talking about a MaroGeddon deck earlier this year that was doing quite well in merry old England. Here's what I remember (with updates)

4 Brushland
1 Phrexian Tower
1 Dust Bowl
1 Gaea's Cradle
4 City of Brass
4 Plains
8 Forest
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 River Boa
4 Blastoderm
3 Masticore
3 Avalanche Riders
2 Vendetta
4 Shock/Flameshot
1 Crop Rotation
1 Vampric Tutor
3 Disenchant
3 Armageddon

Beats random stuff, Ponza, Bargain pretty handily while doing well against just about everything else other than Accelerated Blue

SB
4 Rushwood Dryad
1 Disenchant
4 Earthquake
1 Armageddon
3 Harmonic Convergence
2 Seal of Fire

To beat Replentish, Stompy, Trinity, Fish, and do better against Accelerated Blue

The real problem with XGeddon decks is that they are too slow to stop a Grim Monolith-produced Morphling with counter back-up. Damn Morphling.

Erik

C

Captain Caveman

Maybe we can try a different version of Creature/Geddon.
I haven't play-tested this idea but I'll post it to get
some feedback.

4 Voltaic Key
4 Chimeric Idol
4 Grim Monolith
4 Marble Diamond
1 Urza's Blueprints
1 Copper-Leaf Angel

4 Armageddon
4 Enlightened Tutor
4 Seal of Cleansing
3 Wrath of God