Mage Knight...

A

Almindhra

Has anyone else picked this up?...Its a table-top game like Warhammer...Last night my bf and I bought a 'starter' and 2 'boosters'...This company is so smart...All of these pieces are pre-painted (although I think it would be fun to paint some)...On their base is a turny thing for their hit points, abilties, and all that...And they have rarity...You get one rare - unique piece in a booster, and 4 or 5 other pieces...

In our starter we got the most expensive piece out there right now...A Storm Golem...Hes worth about $40...

Last night our first game lasted a wee bit too long...I think 2.5 hours...And I lost...:(...

R

Rando

At my local game shop, mage knight is now the most popular game. They've already orginized leages and have tournaments.

They way it is set up and sold is a great idea, but the paint jobs are terrible!

Still, few people acctually want to sit huddled over little plastic men for hours at a time and paint them them selves, something that I think has driven many people away from trying miniture wargames to begin with.

But, I won't be buying it, since I've already spent over $1000 total on Warhammer mini's.

S

Sammy Dead-O

I enjoy the game. I don't have many figures compared to a lot of people (I check out www.mkrealms.com occasionally), but I try. If anyone's interested, Black Powder is pretty much my favorite faction.

A

Almindhra

Thanks for that link...I couldn't find any strategy webpages on it anywhere...

As of playing 3 games, I think Necro is my fav...I was using a gravedigger, and having the necromancy ability is SOO good!...You can bring skeletons and zombies back from the dead with FULL life!...And skeletons are good, even though they're just a 2 or 3 hit point kind of creature...I killed a couple of creatures with one because his defense and attack are so high...

But I was playing a 3 person game last night...And I tried to coax Eric into killing Luke's Steam Golem (who has 3 stars), but noooo, Eric just went around killing my crappy stuff...So who won in the end?...Even though Luke had 3 or 4 creatures out there (who were all pretty down in life except for the golem), Luke won!...Argh!!!...I just don't get people's strategies...I hate that 'just kill everything around you' mentality...Even in D&D Eric is like that...

You should check out eBay too...We're getting 8 boosters for around $33...

S

Sammy Dead-O

...multiplayer Mage Knight is still tough for me to really figure out. I have a hard enough time switiching from duel to multi mode in Magic, and Mage Knight seems sillier because people just seem to attack what's close enough (which, of course, isn't really a problem in Magic).

The Black Powder Rebels are my favorite for their steampunkedness. The Steam Golem looks pretty incredible, IMO.

A

Almindhra

yeah, he looks great...But at that website you gave me, they have forums, so I decided to check them out...And look at these repaintings!!...

http://alpha.selu.edu/~istu62774/

I really want to try painting some figures...But I have to look up some more on it...

S

Sammy Dead-O

...there are some pretty great repaints to be found on that forum. There's a really cool Nightstalker that you should check out.

I've actually started repainting a bit so that I can play with Mage Knight figures in a Magic minis game. My only completed one is a Royal Pikeman converted into a Llanowar Knight (albeit a rather male-looking one). I'm just using Citadel paints right over the old paintjob right now, but I suppose I might advance a bit as time goes on.