LOZ:MM

B

Bob

What's Lozmm?
I mean Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, for N64.
I rented it, and it's more addictive than Pokemon to little kids!(without the evil)It's really cool. I'm obsessed!!!![eerie zombie tone]Must....find...masks...[/eerie zombie tone]
Anyone else try it?

J

Jaws10387

No!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not Zelda again. I will not explain my hate of Zelda for fear of being flamed. I hate Zelda.

M

Multani

Use the C&C. Use the C&C.
You must not go the dark path of RPG's.
You must follow the light side of Strategy games....

Anyway, I don't like RPG's very much. They take too long and there's not very much action involved.

A

Apollo

I agree with Jaws and Multani. Stay away from the evil that is Zelda...

H

Hawaiian mage

Ha ha ha! I have a mask that makes Link 400 feet tall. Do you? Ha ha ha!

The first one was longer, but the new one is more exiteing.

B

Bob

I used to despise Zelda, I even used to like to kill Link as ugh..Pikachu(shudders)..is SSB.
I tried the game because It was popular at my school, and It's addictive.
I really just like to fool around, and try to attack the townspeople, and try to kill the dog in clocktown...
And no, I don't H-mage

T

Teferi

:D That game rocks! Appollo, jaws,and multiani whats wrong w/ zelda :(? it's been a great series that game play and storyline deepen w/ each passing game, many gamers belive that the zelda series is one of the best game franchises of all time. speaking of time, anyone ever play ocarina of time(one of the best Zelda games) ?

A

Apollo

It's not really Zelda... it's RPG's in general. They put me to sleep in no time.

L

Landkiller

Zelda, isn't even an RPG. It's really a puzzle game, with some relatively easy combat. But the whole game frustrates me to no end, because it takes so long. I like it as a game, but I won't play it much because it's annoying.

Computer or console RPG's are not really RPG's. There's no role playing, you follow a set path to a predetermined storyline. At best, you may choose from a small array of options. These games are more like, interactive stories. But I still like them.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Former Game addict turned slacker with no cash to waste(with the exception of my cardboard habit). I feel that there are 2 types of RPG's: eastern and Western. Eastern is the FF series and similar(eastern due to the major following in Japan). Western is Diablo and such(due to the fact that they started in America)

The Eastern RPG's go as such: you have a set character who's life you must go through. Along the way you will grow, develope, and change his life. You will also have random, unexplainable encounters, as well as boss encounters.

Western goes a little more like this: you choose a character type. There are set missions that you have to do, and levels to clear. Its more regimented, but not the same game each time. You build your character, lvl up, and get better stuff.

I personally prefer Western RPGs, cuz they aren't always about Mortal man VS a God-like figure(esp Everquest) Zelda falls under the more eastern RPG type, and i never really got into it.

C

Cateran Emperor

I'd agree with PPE, there are two types of RPG's. Eastern (FF, good once, unlikely to play again until I get nostalgic. Exception: FFIV. Drooooool...) and Western (Diablo, 'Another hour won't hurt"...)

Eastern are closer to the generic term RPG, while Western is closer to the generic Adventure. I personally go to western far more often. Evil Daemon slaying beats weird-God-thing slaying any day.

M

mogg bomber

This is the first time I've ever seen a thread like this. How can someone hate the zelda series? It's most likely the best game series of all time! I can understand not liking RPGs because they can get a little boring(I still like them though:) ), but zelda is not an RPG. It's classified as an adventure game, and like Landkiller said the challenge in the game comes from solving puzzles to enter different areas and to finish the dungeons. The RPG style parts of zelda don't get in the way of the gameplay, unlike some games of this type. I find a zelda style game much more interesting then, say a FF style game, which I like but not nearly as much as zelda.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Scary isn't it? I don't care what classification Zelda is, thats just nitpicking. The point is, its not fun. I think its just not nearly as fun as other games. You want puzzles/adventure, go with (an earlier) tombraider. Chick with big (g)uns. Hope that didn't go over any1's head. If you want an RPG type of game, play EQ or Diablo. I feel that there are better options that a guy who can't decide what age he is, or what mask to wear.