loss of life = gaining more life

D

Doombringer

I was flipping through my rares binder when i noticed two cards side by side collecting dust, Words of worship, and Graveborn muse. then it hit me like a wet fish - Slap Slap Slap! when the muses lose life/draw card effect happens, pay some mana to worships ability and gain more life than you had originally lost, and if you want an extra card youve gained enough life that the one lost won't mean anything!

I want to build a zombie/maybe cleric deck around this combo, any reader ideas on what to put in? If theres room I could include the beacon of immortality/false cure combo on the side too. Also, any other good black/white draw cards i should know about?:confused:

C

Captain Caveman

How about a few Exalted Angel, Rotlung Reanimator and various cleric/zombie(creature type)guys? (maybe even some Sanctum's.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Necropotence sounds nice with it. Definite card advantage...

Bargain would be better once out (would make Muse sort of pointless though) since you would win the game if it were out, but it does cost six mana...

Mana acceleration and tutors are your friends...

Something that could become big maybe, a Skirge Familiar and a Death Grasp when your Words/Muse are netting you lots of cards could be a finisher...

R

Reverend Love

Well of Lost Dreams works well here too. Pay 1 to draw a card OOR pay an additional 1 to gain 5 more life.

Ambition's Cost, pay 3 life draw 3. Either gain 15 life or draw 3. You should have the life to spare.

Shepard of Rot. As long as you've got your Graveborn Muse/Words of Worship combo out you can safely rot the heck outta people.

D

Doombringer

okay, this is the deck idea i have so far, considering card costs and all.

land
12 swamp
7 plains
3 cabal coffers
22 land

creatures
4 Graveborn muse
4 shepherd of rot
4 festering goblin
2 fallen cleric
3 zombie cannibal
17 creatures

spells
4 words of worship
1 test of endurance
4 ambitions cost
4 diabolic tutors
4 nights whisper
4 zombie infestation
21 spells

60 cards

Ill keep editing this post as inspirations hit me(Slap, Slap!).

okay, any stuff i dont need thay I should take out?

R

Reverend Love

Cabal Coffers. It's going to require a hefty investment in mana to continually use the Worship and play spells. Another idea is to offset the mana with Wayfere's Bauble. An EXCELLENT 1 drop accelerator.

Another card you might be interested in looking into is Night's Wisper, a common from 5th Dawn.

1B You draw 2 cards and lose 2 life..a great deal actually.

Maybe toss in a Fallen Cleric or two to optimize Profane Prayers. A great card 1/2 punch card followed up with Shepard of Rot.

Oooh yea since your relying on Words of Worship for most of your heavy lifting I suggest adding in some kind of tutoring cards here. Maybe a Diabolic Intent (a underrated tutor) and or Diabolic Tutor.

D

Doombringer

whats another T2 one mana zombie like festering goblin?
What do you guys think of adding entrails feaster? cuz with it i can repeatedly remove their dead creatures from the game, and its still a zombie for the muse.

C

chocobo_cid

Accursed Centaur
Carrion Feeder
Entrails Feaster
Maggot Carrier
(Festering Goblin)

Quick search on anycraze gives this. Centaur, the Feaster, and the Feeder have significant drawbacks that prevent a vanilla 1/1 zombie, but Maggot Carrier, even with its ability, might be what you're looking for.

R

Reverend Love

Putrid Imp,

Discard a card from your hand: Putrid Imp gains flying until end of turn.
Threshold - Putrid Imp gets +1/+1 and can't block. (You have threshold as long as seven or more cards are in your graveyard.)

1/1

Not a bad little zombie.

Carrion Feeder would work nice here too. If for some reason your Graveborn Muse will be hurting you too bad, sac some zombies via Feeder. Maybe add in a Vengful Dead to ring your opponent over the dome at the same time.

Cut possibly 2-3 Tests of Endurance. You've got 4 Diabolic Tutors in your deck already...and only really need one test to do the trick. I'd add additional zombies in their stead.

Your deck is really shaping out btw, I like it a lot.

C

chocobo_cid

T2, right? Putrid Imp is OD block...

Drop a few Plains for some more effect from our beloved cabal coffer.

R

Reverend Love

Ack this deck is strictly type 2? Well that takes out Cabal Coffers :(

I

Izaryo

i think if you want to win through life gain play ageless entity in an elf deck

D

Doombringer

no, its not, im just really used to playing T2, but theres not enough good cards for this strategy in tourneyland. give me suggestions from alpha if you know they're good.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, in that case...

I already brought up Bargain, which seems to make Graveborn somewhat obsolete, but then there is the six mana thing and it defeats the purpose of this being a deck based around Graveborn Muse...

Probably most desirable is cheap Zombie stuff to fuel the Graveborn...

Carnophage
Sarcomancy

Ooh, now I'm envisioning a deck with Sarcomancy and Disempower for Zombiemaking...

But that would probably be stupid (still tempting)...

Still Carnophage and Sarcomancy are nice 2 power Zombies for a single mana, which I would think work nicely for this deck idea...

Other cards with potential might be um...

Mournful Zombie (too weak?)
Phyrexian Ghoul (kill?)
Shepherd of Rot (kill?)
Vengeful Dead
Call to the Grave (I mean, why not?)
Feast or Famine
Accursed Centaur (the drawback isn't very productive though)
Zombie Infestation (this thing has the potential to be insane in your deck)
Midnight Ritual
Gravedigger (nothing special, but it works)
Barrow Ghoul
Carrion Feeder (probably not for this deck, but maybe)

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to build here...

But this is the sort of stuff I would test...

D

Doombringer

zombie infestation makes me drool :d''''''

turn 8: just set up combo w/ ZI, draw 3 cards, wordily gain 2 life, another zombie.
turn 9: draw four cards, gain 1 life, 2 more zombies
turn 10: draw six cards, dont life gain, 3 more zombies
turn 11: draw nine cards, life gain for 3 of them, 3 more jombies and more life.
oversoul, you are GOOD.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
:D

We try...

Could be a really cool deck though, I think...

And no one would ever suspect it probably.

D

Doombringer

now the only problem is finding the money to get all the cards.
well, maybe I'll just use apprentice for now . . .