Lord of Destruction

Z

Zadok001

The Diablo 2 Expansion has arrived. I installed it four hours ago. :) Of course, I have to start from ground zero since I got a new 'puter and all my old characters have been planted into the ground, but hey, whatever.

I'm currently working my way up as a Druid, and I must say, anything that crosses Barbarian and Necromancer like the Druid HAS to be good. The graphics are much improved thanks to a lovely 800x600 resolution changeover, and the game has an enormous number of new facets to explore...

Good/Bad? What's the verdict?

N

nodnarb24

I love it, too bad I can't play it very much since it will only play on my dad's computer and not mine. But I'm going to get a new computer in about a month or so, so until then...

Z

Zadok001

Well, I just got a chance to play as the Assassin, and I must say... Good friggin' lord! The starting damage for the Assassin is no less than 4-8. That's not very impressive for later stages of the game, but in the first few areas, most creatures have about 4 life... That's fairly sick. And Burst of Speed is flat-out abusive... :)

*grin!*

C

Chaos Turtle

I love both of the new characters. Act 5 is hard. The new features rule. New assignable hotkeys, big stash, equippable (and resurrectable!) retainers.

username: sazzerbill

Look for me on USEast in the wee hours of the morning. :)

F

FoundationOfRancor

I really like the Expansion, but I too have to start anew.

Im going as the druid now...and is it just me, or does Shapeshifting suck?

C

Chaos Turtle

Shapeshifting does not suck!

Once you have the second levels of the skills that enhance what your were-shape can do as damage, life-steal, run/walk speeds, etc, you will see the power of shapeshifting.

I recommend putting any points that don't fit into a higher skill into Lycanthropy (instead of into the elemental skills, which seem to be a waste) as it further enhances both of your were-forms. The summoning skills are also great, and your wolves and were-forms have a nice synergy.

Z

Zadok001

I like Shapeshifting. I'm currently working on a pure Shapeshifting Druid, designed to play Werewolf form ONLY. :) Of course, that means I'll be far to focused to be a serious character, but I was never any good at this game anyways. Oh, well.

A

Aku Necromancer

i decided to go away from public opinion and gossip and took the way of designing a Trap Assassin. Im having a great deal of fun with her so far. As for the expansion, the Baal story line is good, music from act 5 is good, and the entire lay-out and design of Act 5 is very amazing and delightful. The only problem i still have is that blizzard didnt do a good job drawing more people to create one of the original 5 d2 charactors. Everygame i join is filled with druids and a few assassins.

C

Cateran Emperor

My god the Druid's Summoning is abusive. After seeing my friend playing around with a 4th level Blood Golem for a while, I thought that was abusive. But my god, a pack of Wolves isn't even fair! You know something's effective when you haven't used your regular attack for almost five hours ;)

I haven't done any shapeshifting yet (it doesn't suit me, my computer lags so much that minions are universally the way to play) and I don't plan on it, but the elemental powers also deserve some comments. First of all, yes, the Fire half of the tree is awful. But the Wind half is INSANE. First level Arctic blast took down Andariel in less than thirty seconds! Of course, it's mana intensive, but I don't care. Note: the fire half is useless. If you're using it and you haven't left the first act yet, start over. The only good part there is Armageddon, and even then Hurricane is better (and easier to get too!).

Overall, the Druid is the greatest character ever! 10/10

The assassin is, well, dull. I got bored really fast and went back to my army of green creatures :D

I'm on the USEast server, and I've forgotten my name. No really, I did. I used what sounds like it would be a cool Druid name, so it doesn't mean anything to me. I do know that there's a "gg" in the name somewhere. Bah. The account name is Taranec, so find me off of that :cool:

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well, after playing non-stop for three days, I'm Finally at act 5. Its totally cool! I like how some of the new guys are totally new, and not just more powerful older monsters from ealier chapters. Haha, I must not have spent enough points in Shapeshifting, because its quite bad for me. I agree with Cateran Emperor, the wolves are VERY cool. In the earlier game, I focused on Fire instead of Wind, so I cant really say if Wind is really good or not:(

Great expansion!

C

Chaos Turtle

Hey all... since there seem to be a few of here, maybe we can share usernames and which server we use so that we can play together once in awhile.

Sazzerbill on USEast

C

Cateran Emperor

Okay, I remembered it!

Koringurrand (USEast)
Lv. 18 Druid
Specializing in summoning of all kinds!

N

Neo_Keo

Neo_Keo
Useast
Assasin lvl 38

Latest news

Got my Personalize claws stolen by the guy with a user name DmX :(:(:(

N

Neo_Keo

I propse we start our own adventures

pick a new character and quest throughout the world of diablo killing anything in our way

I got dibbs on Assasin

Who else is interested?

A

Almindhra

I'm slighty interested...I'll go with Sorceress, but when would we play?

N

nodnarb24

IT WORKS!!!!!!

I finally got my new computer and it works. I really enjoy it now that I can actually play it on my own computer.

Z

Zadok001

Ouchy.

You have NO idea how hard it is to make a Singing Barbarian. You should try to sometime. I've gotten to level 26 (single player, no help) without a SINGLE point in a Mastery. It took me almost half and hour to kill Diablo, draining more than 40,000 gold worth of potions in the process. *sigh* Four more levels, and he'll start functioning properly - Must... Get... War... Cry...

Anyone else trying non-standard builds?

U

Ura

I finally went out and bought the xpac, the box looks nice with all the other diablo boxes so I had to complete the series.
The game itself I was starting to get frustrated with as it was refusing to install due to not being able to get a file off my Diablo 2 play disk (d2music.mpq)
I eventually had to write a dummy file and put it in its place just to get the thing to install. Its working now but I have no music for the first four acts which sucks cause I liked some of it. :(
Once that was all done I started it up only to find that all my old characters had been deleted which really pissed me off cause my lvl 99 necrozon is gone now. :mad: But at least my b.net characters were intact.
I converted my sorceress over and played through act 5 with her. It was very nice both graphically and audio wise. There are still some bugs in it, but nothing huge thus far. Bahl was also impressively tougher then Diablo to kill, but still fairly easy once you find his blind spots and attack patterns.
I'm working on an assassin right now, shes kinda interesting. Plays similar to a barb with a bit more style I think.

USeast
*CelestialEffigy
Level 45 Sorceress (Jaya-CPA)
Level 5 Assassin (Kelestra-CPA)
Level 16 Necrozon (Orion-CPA)

See you on the battlefields, good hunting.