looking for a card

S

space ranger

Not sure if this would be the right place to post this thread,but anyways.

I thought I seen a card sometime or another that read when a player or opponent or you. Tap a swamp for mana take a point of damage or loose a life.

Is this a card,or am I thinking of something else.

Thanks

M

Mazzak

Karma. 2WW
Enchantment
When target opponent taps a swamp for mana, karma deals 1 damage to that player.

S

space ranger

oops forgot about that one. The card I'm looking for though I thought was black.

Thanks for the reminder of Karma though should fit nicely in my blanket of the night deck. Just trying to make it all mono.

thanks again

N

Nightstalkers

Well... there's:

Primal Order
2GG
Type: Green Enchantment
Non-Foil Uncommon
Artist: Rob Alexander
Edition: Homelands

During each player's upkeep, Primal Order deals 1 damage to that player for each non-basic land he or she controls.

And...

Scald
1R
Type: Red Enchantment
Non-Foil Uncommon
Artist: Adam Rex
Edition: Urza's Saga

Whenever a player taps an island for mana, Scald deals 1 damage to that player.

Hope this helps :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe this is it? From a search on Crystalkeep:

Royal Decree

Color= White
Type= Enchantment
Cost= 2WW
AL(R2)

Text (AL+errata): Cumulative Upkeep - {W}. ; Whenever a Swamp, Mountain, black permanent, or red permanent becomes tapped, ~this~ deals 1 damage to that permanent's controller. [Oracle 2003/07/01]

S

space ranger

I think I found the card I was looking for,however it don't do what I thought it did.

Carnival of Souls
Whenever a creature comes into play you loose 1 life and add (B) to your mana pool.

Thanks for the input. I'm looking into using some of your idea's.

N

Notepad

I think you may be thinking of Hecatomb. That's what I thought when you described it (with Karma being my second thought)

Hecatomb
1BB
Enchantment
WHen this comes into play, sac four creatures or sac this.
Tap an untapped swamp you control: This deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

Definitely a good card, and pretty fitting of your description, though it doesnt damage the owner, but the targets. ;)

Karma, however is incorrect, as it hurts you for all swamps you own during upkeep, and not for when you tap it.

A similar card, though, is Thelon's Chant (1GG Enchantment from Fallen Empires) that hurts an opponent or his crreatures every time he plays a swamp.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You could also use Drought:
Drought

Color= White
Type= Enchantment
Cost= 2WW
IA(U)

Text (IA+errata): At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice ~this~ unless you pay {W}{W}. ; As an additional cost to play spells with {B} in their mana costs and activated abilities with {B} in their activation costs, the spell or ability's controller sacrifices a Swamp for each {B} in that cost. [Oracle 2003/07/01]

You have to sacrifice a Swamp for each black mana in the activation cost. If you use Pestilence with BBBB, that's 4 activations with B each so you sacrifice 4 Swamps. [D'Angelo 1996/06/28]

N

Notepad

Ah, I remember that card, and its twin sister, Justice. Those were the fun days!

Though, I'd rather just play black and use Hecatomb. Would be fun to blast an opponent or five to death with it. :D

Has anybody found it odd that nobody has once mentioned Stern Judge at all? Except here?

Oh yeah: STERN JUDGE SUCKS!!! USE DWARVEN TRADER AND WIN MORE!!!

...*burp* heh...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely use the Trader! :D

I remember someone sideboarded Justice against my Manabarbs deck and I misread it and thought it applied to it. Fortunately I still won :)

S

space ranger

basicaly I was looking for a card to do damage when my opponent taps. Thats why I was looking for something with Blanket of the night. Of course Karma would be good here. I was going to try to go all black. This is a casual deck so any cards can be used. The basic idea of the deck is to make you loose life for everything you do.

forsaken wastes
Tendrils
relic bane
ect...
ect...

Any card suggestions on that note.

thanks

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's okay for you to lose life? 'Cause Blanket of Night and Karma will cause you to lose life on your upkeep, which is what SeFRo was talking about earlier.

You could go red and use Manabarbs :)

S

space ranger

It's not really ok for me to loose life:D
a few won't hurt to bad hopefully. Of course if I was going to go B/W I would use life gaining cards.

Manabarbs Is good idea,but is it worth splashing red. Also can't remember does manabarbs affect me to?

Hecatomb isn't bad idea for mono. I was going to try to make it a creatureless deck and maybe run some bridges and/or No mercy

T

train

Jsut target the opponent with Life Bursts, and then False Cure them...

works with Laquatus' Champions too!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Manabarbs affects you too. It's not really worth it with what you have in mind; I only suggested it in case it was okay for you to lose life :)

N

Nightstalkers

You see Spiderman, there was this little guy named Urza. Now there wasn't anything really good about him, just that he made a lot of useless junk.

One of his little items, Urza's Armor I think, reduced the damage taken by stuff by one (1).

Pretty spiffy huh? Oh, and can I get a shiny mug like Exterra or do I have to steal his or something?

Nightstalker Habuki

N

Notepad

Well, if you're going for a BW build, then use stern judges.

That, and load up on a helluva lot of artifact mana. Mirrodin does a nice job of providing casual players with that.

And when you have enough artifacts out, get rid of your own swamps by casting Infernal Harvest and blasting the heck outta the opponent's stuff.

A friend of mine made a deck like that one time: Kormus Bell, Blanket of Night, and Infernal Harvest. Was real, real mean. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nightstalkers: My deck was more based on using small, efficient creatures and Winter Orb and Armageddon along with Manabarbs to control my opponent's mana. I usually didn't really have 6 mana saved for the Armor :)

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Pretty spiffy huh? Oh, and can I get a shiny mug like Exterra or do I have to steal his or something?

Nightstalker Habuki

Dude, what is with this Exterra guy you keep talking about? And what is with the Nightstalker Habuki thing? Is there a thread where this is clarified??? Or are you just your same old nonsense-shouting Nightstalkers?