Lone Wolf Adventures [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My sixth grade teacher kept a small library of books in the classroom, and during that school year I read all of the fantasy-themed stuff she made available. Some of the books on her shelf were unlike anything available in the official school library. If was through my classroom bookshelves that I encountered this gem...
1633587545437.png

Does anyone remember the Lone Wolf roleplaying adventure books? I got really into them in the late 90's. I never owned physical copies of them, but I managed to pick up most of the series through the public library system, although a few volumes remained elusive. Years later, I'd discover "Project Aon" and played through all of the ones they had available.

I'd already done a Giant Tribal deck for Bartel Runeaxe, and I wanted to find some other dubious theme for a new EDH deck helmed by one of the original 55 legends. Well, Kasimir is the Lone Wolf. And thanks to Throne of Eldraine, Magic: the Gathering also officially has adventures, just like those wonderful old books. Well, not just like them. Not like them at all, really. But once I hit on the idea, I decided that I had to force it anyway.

At best, a modicum of thought went into the actual mechanics of this deck. But the flavor is everything I'd hoped for.

Commander:
1x Kasimir the Lone Wolf

1x Aetherize
1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
1x Animating Faerie
1x Anvil of Bogardan
1x Arcane Denial
1x Arcane Lighthouse
1x Arcum's Astrolabe
1x Ardenvale Tactician
1x Brainstorm
1x Brazen Borrower
1x Council's Judgment
1x Counterspell
1x Cowardice
1x Cyclonic Rift
1x Divine Transformation
1x Dovin's Veto
1x Echo of Eons
1x Enlightened Tutor
1x Evacuation
1x Expropriate
1x Fact or Fiction
1x Fae of Wishes
1x Faerie Guidemother
1x Flooded Strand
1x Force of Negation
1x Force of Will
1x Generous Gift
1x Giant Killer
1x Hypnotic Sprite
1x Lonesome Unicorn
1x Lucky Clover
1x Mana Drain
1x Mana Vault
1x Marit Lage's Slumber
1x Maze of Ith
1x Merfolk Secretkeeper
1x Mysterious Pathlighter
1x Mystic Remora
1x Mystical Tutor
1x Narset's Reversal
1x Narset, Parter of Veils
1x On Thin Ice
1x Ponder
1x Puffer Extract
1x Queen of Ice
1x Realm-Cloaked Giant
1x Rhystic Deluge
1x Rhystic Study
1x Rout
1x Scrying Sheets
1x Search for Glory
1x Shepherd of the Flock
1x Silverflame Squire
1x Smothering Tithe
15x Snow-Covered Island
13x Snow-Covered Plains
1x Sol Ring
1x Strip Mine
1x Supreme Verdict
1x Swan Song
1x Sword of the Ages
1x Swords to Plowshares
1x Terminus
1x Thawing Glaciers
1x Time Spiral
1x Time Wipe
1x Timetwister
1x Tundra
1x Wasteland
1x Windfall
1x Winds of Abandon
1x Winter's Rest
1x Wrath of God

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I got to use Sword of the Ages to (temporarily) save myself and the rest of the table in a game last night. I kind of don't want to take this deck apart until I've used the Realm-Cloaked Giant I bought for it. So maybe I'll have more stupid plays with this thing. :p