Local Shop Tournament report.

R

rkoelsch

Yes after I agreed with my wife not to play for the summer she said I should go to the card shop last night. I was taken aback but I didn't waste much time picking up my cards and going to the shop. Unfortunately I had broken down all my decks so I had to put one together. Here it is.

4-Llanowar Elves
3-Lin Sivvi's
2-DefianT Vanguard
1-Cho Manno
1-Jhovial Queen
3-Fleetfoot Panthers
3-Charging Trolls
1-Serra Angel

4-Sterling Grove
3-Glorius Anthem
2-Parallax Wave
2-Seal of Cleansing
2-Story Circles
1-Pariah
1-Worship
1-Eldramri's Call
2-Wax/Wane

4-Brushland
2-Dustbowls
9-Plains
9-Forests

SB
2-Gaea's Herald
3-Last Breath
2-Cop Green
1-Crackdown
1-Ivory Mask
1-Thermal Glider
1-Rebel Informer
2-Hurricane
1-Lightbringer
and 1 other card

First Match against Counter Rebel w/Meddling Mage
This is one of the better players in the store. I won't go into this one other than I sucked. first game I should have parised because I had 2 land and nothing to cast. Second game wasn't as bad. I got out an elf and a herald but the only other creatures I drew were elves. I had sided out my rebels as I didn't stand a chance against his engine and put in the Heralds, last Breaths and Hurricanes
0-2

2nd Match Fires with FTK, Shivan Wurms and Thornscape BM
I almost pulled out on the second game managed to get worship out but I only had an elf. I had a charging Troll out but didn't have the mana to cast both. So I put the worship out hoping to be able to cast the troll next turn
but he casts a BM with red kicker and kills the elf.
0-4

3rd Match was against a kid with a R/G Kavu Deck
as bad as my deck was I managed not to lose to this kid.
During the 2nd game after having bad mana all evening I kept a 7 land hand. Ended up drawing 3 more land before I got my first spell, not a creature. It was like turn 7 and I had only cast 2 elves to throw in front of thornscpe familiars. I then pulled a jhovial queen and hard cast her.
that saved me.
so at the end of tournament 2-4
the 2 wins were very cheap wins
I have sinced dismantled this deck.