Little Friends [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hey, it's the latest of my dubious concoctions for the West Coast Commander League.

To recap, for the month of June, the following points are available alongside our normal permanent points...

Homeward Bound (+1): Regain control of a permanent you own that an opponent controlled without an end of turn effect.

Its mine, its gone (+1): Sacrifice a permanent you don't own.

Treason (2): Eliminate an opponent with a source you don't own.

Insurrection (+3): Simultaneously control at least one permanent that each of your opponents own.

And for this week, we also have these two weekly rotating points...

Ok, Its Yours (+2): Your opponents control 3 or more permanents you own.

Grave Betrayal (+1): Deal combat damage to a player with a creature that had been in their graveyard at one point during the game.

So I had the notion of making Xantcha, Sleeper Agent my commander this time. But then I got hung up on my silly goal of getting this League to have as many of the old Legends legends as commanders as possible. So...

Commander:
1x Boris Devilboon

1x Aid the Fallen
1x Angrath's Rampage
1x Animate Dead
1x Arcane Lighthouse
1x Ashnod's Altar
1x Badlands
1x Beacon of Unrest
1x Black Sun's Zenith
1x Blasphemous Act
1x Blood Crypt
1x Bloodshot Cyclops
1x Bloodstained Mire
1x Burnt Offering
1x Cabal Coffers
1x Captive Audience
1x Carrion Feeder
1x Chaos Warp
1x Claws of Gix
1x Command Tower
1x Confusion in the Ranks
1x Costly Plunder
1x Crown of Doom
1x Damnation
1x Dance of the Dead
1x Dark Petition
1x Dark Ritual
1x Decree of Pain
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Diabolic Intent
1x Fire Covenant
1x Grim Monolith
1x Hatred
1x Hell's Caretaker
1x Humble Defector
1x Innocent Blood
1x Insurrection
1x Jinxed Idol
1x Jinxed Ring
1x Kolaghan's Command
1x Lightning Bolt
1x Luxury Suite
1x Mana Crypt
1x Mana Vault
1x Mass Mutiny
1x Maze of Ith
1x Meekstone
1x Mob Rule
1x Molten Primordial
8x Mountain
1x Necromancy
1x No Mercy
1x Phyrexian Delver
1x Phyrexian Tower
1x Pyroblast
1x Razaketh, the Foulblooded
1x Reanimate
1x Reaper from the Abyss
1x Rolling Earthquake
1x Seething Song
1x Sheoldred, Whispering One
1x Sleeper Agent
4x Snow-Covered Swamp
1x Sol Ring
1x Starke of Rath
1x Strip Mine
12x Swamp
1x Talisman of Indulgence
1x Toxic Deluge
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor
1x Vraska's Contempt
1x Wasteland
1x Wheel of Fortune
1x Whisper, Blood Liturgist
1x Witch Engine
1x Xantcha, Sleeper Agent
1x Zealous Conscripts

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I didn't pick up as many points as the previous four weeks, but even so, I still scored the most points in the group. Again. I kinda thought I was deliberately giving up my winning streak to play a Boris Devilboon deck, and right away I started out unable to pick up most of the points I'd been going for. But somehow, I came out with the most points after all three rounds. It was a low-scoring day. I didn't win any actual games, but I got more points than the eventual winners of the games I was in. So I count that as a win for Boris Devilboon, a real underdog of a Legends commander.

Props:
  • Toxic Deluge. Good in every black deck ever, practically.
  • Insurrection for doing exactly what it was meant to do.
  • Humble Defector for being the easiest way for me to secure the "Homeward Bound" point.
  • Starke of Rath for saving the table from Pathbreaker Ibex.
  • Boris Devilboon for being the coolest black/red commander. Not the most practical, but the coolest.
  • KC's Homeward Path for giving me back my own Sleeper Agent three times in one game. Hilarious.
  • Josh for being a good sport about having his board get blown up so many times. He had to face me twice and his Ghalta deck compelled me to clear his creatures, but then he was left vulnerable and had a bad time in both games.
  • Rene for having a cool enchantress deck, which unfortunately for him got picked apart by disruption from KC and myself, so he mostly couldn't do anything in our game. But it was a nice deck anyway.
  • Thom for his Thopter-filled performance in the last game.
Slops:
  • Mike N. for immediately locking us out of the first game with Grave Pact and Yawgmoth loops. The Jinxed Ring and Jinxed Idol that sat dead in my hand felt pretty bad when I couldn't get enough mana to cast them alongside a creature and couldn't get a creature to survive until my turn, even if it was innocuous like Witch Engine, because this guy couldn't resist sacrificing a million creatures every turn.
  • Captive Audience for never showing up a single time in all three games. I really wanted to play with that card!
  • No Mercy, which I tutored for in the first game for some reason. Not much use against repeatedly recurring Geralf's Messenger.
  • Mana Crypt, for doing tons of damage to me. Such a bad card. Why do I keep putting it in my decks?
  • KC's obnoxiously good Roon deck, which managed to thwart a lot of the things I could have used to secure points.
  • Burnt Offering for sitting in my hand like a total chump and never actually having a useful outlet.
  • The guy who conceded and flipped out at the whole game store for a stupid reason.
  • Eric for still not getting back to participating in these games that he's running because he's "working" and they need to "hire a new person."