Limited Discussion

turgy22

Nothing Special
I just had a frustrating game on Arena and needed to vent about it, but realized that there isn't really a forum to discuss general game play.
Since I was playing a draft, I decided to start up a thread dedicated to limited formats (draft & sealed).

turgy22

Nothing Special
Great idea starting this thread. I have something to talk about.
I just finished a game of Theros: Beyond Death Quick Draft on Arena.
I drafted 4 Voracious Typhons, which are good solid creatures in the mid game and a big help late when you can escape them from a full graveyard.
Well, sure enough, the first game I played after drafting turned into a big creature stalemate and I really needed to draw just 1 Typhon to start putting pressure on my opponent before I decked myself (thanks to Thirst for Meaning).
I had a Shadowspear, so life was not an issue and attacking with Typhon would put my opponent in a situation where he's either gotta take some damage each turn or block and kill the Typhon so I can escape it and hit for even more damage.
Can anyone guess what the last 4 cards left in my library were?
4VoraciousTyphons2.jpg

Anyway, I got my opponent down to 7 life before losing when my deck ran out. Very frustrating.
On the other hand, I'm happy for my opponent, since they were having issues of their own. They were using Nyx Herald to make Captivating Unicorn a 4/5 creature, which should have triggered the Hornbeetle to keep growing, but for whatever reason, the Hornbeetle didn't recognize the unicorn has having 4 power.

I like Limited tho I'm pretty bored of the signpost uncommon stuff they've been doing for awhile. Very derivative. Favorite format was probably CHK block.