Life Crusher

B

Barachem

After several months on testing it in my playgroup and in the past few weeks on the internset, i came to the following hopefully final version of Life Crusher, a G/W/u/b Aggro/Control/Combo deck for FFA multiplayer games.

24 Land:
2x Temple Garden
1x Breeding Pool
1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Godless Shrine
4x Terramorphic Expanse
3x Forest
3x Plains
3x Island
3x Swamp
1x Miren, the Moaning Well
1x Academy Ruins
1x Volrath's Stronghold

10 Mana-accelerators/color-fixers:
4x Sakura-Tribe Elder
3x Farseek
3x Kodama's Reach

9 Hand/Library Enhancers:
3x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Gifts Ungiven
2x Cunning Wish
1x Research // Development
1x Loaming Shaman
1x Gaea's Blessing

5 Removal:
1x Wrath of God
1x Damnation
1x Rout
1x Akroma's Vengeance
1x Oblivion Stone

13 Fatties/Lifegain:
4x Etched Oracle
4x Loxodon Hierarch
3x Kokusho, the Evening Star
2x Beacon of Immortality

Sideboard:
2x False Cure
2x Beacon of Immortality
2x Trickbind
2x Gilded Light
1x Akroma's Wrath
1x Research // Development
1x Gifts Ungiven
1x All Suns' Dawn
1x Reclaim
1x Swords to Plowshares
1x Extirpate

The purpose is to accelerate the first few turns, play fatties, blow the board up and gradually gain life.
In the mid-game it's mostly a balancing act of not looking like the biggest threat, not acting on random spurts of violence and acting whenever really necessary.
From the mid-game end-game, fatties are finishers, life-gain is a staller or a set-up for slow draw to death for opponents and Beacon of Immortality + False Cure is a kill combo.

The acceleration, the fatties, the mass-removal and most other things are quite obvious and explain themselves.
Much of the stuff in the sideboard is Wish-material to be able to react when you have a Wish in the hand.
About card choices, I put in the cards i deemed to get the most bang out of the mana and having the best synergy with the other cards, Loaming Shaman > Eternal Witness because selective graveyard recursion > single card recusion, Etched Oracle, Loxodon Hierarch and Kokusho because they good with mass-removal and are quite good themselves, Beacon for more life gain and the combo and the legendary lands to get even more out of my creatures and artifacts.

The deck performs quite well and if you do get a bad hand, mulligan away.
I've won quite many times with it 1 on 1 and in multiplayer, politics can give more leeway anyway.
It began as a hybrid between two somewhat similar decks and in the mean time i've fine-tuned the design through testing.
Ok, it's not really a budget deck, but even then it's still casual and it should be able to last for years to come.

Anyway, i hope you enjoy it too and i welcome any help, tips, suggestions and critizism.