Letter to WotC--Best Hyped DS Card

N

Notepad

I am preparing to write up the letter to WotC concerning the "What is the best card in Darksteel?" vote. I wanted to get some numbers squared away before doing so.

As I totally derf-derf-derf'd out on putting Skullclamp in the lineup, it appears that 2 of Skullclamp's votes were put in the "other" category before a wise moderator decided to add it in.

For the vote results, should I add the "other" to Skullclamp? That would mean Skullclamp got 6 total votes, winning the CPA election.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Skullclamp isn't just the best DS card - it's the best card in Standard. It's use is so universal that I think it should be banned.

It has done one useful thing, though - it killed control. It's impossible to "control" someone when they're drawing 3-5 cards a turn. It yields such a huge card advantage for such a minimal cost that it really seems absurd to play a deck without it.

And yes, their are lots of anti-artifact cards available to deal with it, but if I have to dedicate a significant part of my deck to deal with one potential card, that's the definition of "broken".

T

train

Engineered is a card that almost single-handedly shuts down the clamp...

as for adding the "other" votes for it - if they were for "it", then yes, they should be counted...

:)

Mention us liking the indestructible mechanic, and mostly, that they need to bring back bury as something that takes care of indestructible...:p

N

Notepad

I'll assume all votes for "other" were for Skullclamp, since that's all anybody mentioned as what their vote woulda been for.

Engineered Plague. Too bad it ain't in Standard. Boy I do love that card. train, we keep mentioning it, they'll likely call us both addicted to it. The new coat, it seems... :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with your assumption that any "Other" votes are probably for Skullclamp. You should have told me earlier to add it in the poll 'cause I didn't do it... :)

T

train

for some reason i was thinking it was in 8th... It's not...

back to the drawing board...

N

Notepad

If I had asked you, Spidey, that woulda meant I was thinking... ;)

And if my brain was active at all, I woulda remembered to put Skullclamp as an option rather than "other." Doh!