Let's talk about Stifle

E

EricBess

Nice try mythosx, but the Dreadnaught doen't have a triggered ability anymore. It now has "As this comes into play...", which is different (and cannot be countered by Stifle). But it was a nice thought.

M

Mikeymike

Unfortunately I don't think the Dreadnought play will work. It has errata to specifically say
If ~this~ would come into play, sacrifice any number of creatures with total power 12 or greater instead. If you do, put ~this~ into play. If you don't, put it into its owner's graveyard.

Depends on whether or not this is a triggered ability. I would think this is part of the cost but according to crystalkeep.com
"You have to sacrifice creatures right before it comes into play by any means. This is not a play cost. It is done during the resolution of whatever brings it into play."

?? Good question I suppose. Rules Gurus!

EDIT - Jeez EB, your fast.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
mythosx: I think Stifle is a "sleeper" card in that people don't know (or are hiding) its usefulness. It's because there are so many triggered abilities that makes it so versatile (and of course, confusing 'cause you're not sure what you should Stifle).

However, if you have some that you'd like to get rid of, I'll take them off your hands for you :p

T

train

See...

It's time to reveal to you all that Spidey's real identity is Jon Finkel...;)

He's a pro trying to snatch up all those stifles for the shadowmage deck for the extended season...;) :p

M

mythosx

what kinda of geeee-hetto wording is that...if?????? f---ed up...by the way i thought the word 'as' signified triggered effects also.

if....what if i shoved the card.....

M

mythosx

stifle is queer.... and izaryo whats up with the long signature?

13NoVa

STIFLE IS AMAZING!

hows this for a two headed:

sneak attack + phage deck

and your partner plays

Stifle deck with MASS counterspell.....

game over lol

Ferret

Staff member
Stifle is not a card that I'd want to put in a counterdeck - mostly, because I don't play counterdecks. However, It would be fun to splash into other decks to disrupt combos from other blue players.

-Ferret

"I see it more as an equalizer"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by 13NoVa
STIFLE IS AMAZING!

hows this for a two headed:

sneak attack + phage deck

and your partner plays

Stifle deck with MASS counterspell.....

game over lol
Already thought of that, although just for a free-for-all MP game... going to see how it works, now that I kinda have the cards to do it :)

13NoVa

blue + red sneak is awesome....

My sneak deck now uses:

High tide
Sneak attack
phage
STIFLE (fun)
Accumulated knowlege
tidal kraken...

that type of stuff... and its counterspell... that deck is TOTAL 2 headed though, it would NEVER win in singles.