Let's see if you all like this one...

T

train

Man-Land - any
Squirrel's Nest
Intruder Alarm...

Infinite squirrels, Unlimited bouncing with Tradewind riders, life gain, coat of arms, it goes on and on....

Cool thing is you can do this at the end of your opponent's turn, get past a wrath, do as much as you want before a disenchant resolves, it goes on and on and on...

To get past blue:
Run this with defense grids, city of solitudes, arcane laboratory's and null brooches, heck even elf engines could get infinite mana if they're in play...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Ah yes... good old Intruder Alarm.

I run this in a similar deck which I posted here.

I use it in the U/G version I mention in that thread.
Here is the deck I use with it (taken straight from my Apprentice files).

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Urborg Elf
4 Priest of Titania
3 Fyndhorn Elder
3 Argothian Elder
(elves)
4 Skyshroud Poacher
(Fabulous in this deck: searches for all of my creatures except the Squadron and Behemoth, hopefully untapping them all in the process.)
2 Llanowar Behemoth
(This is a better kill mechanism to my mind than a Coat, but I might run 1 of each. Unfortunately you have to hard-cast both of them because, sadly, this guy isn't an Elf.)
3 Thopter Squadron
(does what Squirrel Nest + manland does with one less card but at the cost of being the most vulnerable card type ever created: the artifact creature.)
3 Intruder Alarm
(I don't want to overemphasize the blue element, which is included primarily for this baby, so I only put in 3. I might need to go to 4 though just to ensure that I draw it in the first place.)
3 Symbiotic Deployment
(I use this to draw once I've got my engine going.)
3 Living Lands
2 Life/Death (both to be used similarly to your manlands: allowing you to untap lands with creatures. In a pinch you can tap your Urborg Elf to cast Death on something.)

16 Forest
4 Yavimaya Coast
2 City of Brass

Tradewind riders, huh. I hadn't thought of that but it's a good idea.

So, Thopter Squadron vs. Squirrel Nest + manland is the primary issue on my mind.

EDIT: Holy crap... I didn't realize until I looked closely that I posted that thread a year ago to the day.
Maybe this is supposed to mean something.

Welcome to the CPA, train!! :D

T

train

Thopter squadron's nice;)

And getting it out with cc 5 doesn't take long in green - we all know that.

J

Jigglypuff

Oh boy, Intruder Alarm!

A while ago I built this extremely strange Intruder Alarm based deck. It contained a 5-card, 3-color combo that worked exactly once out of 4 games. But it was fun anyway. The post is right here.

(- Steve -)