Lethal Vapors

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
J

Jigglypuff

Yes. Get out a few creatures, play the Vapors, burn away whatever creatures your opponent already has, and win. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that works as good as that.

(- Steve -)

I

Izaryo

it has HUUUUUGE potential like Jiggly said. bring out a couple of fast creatures and if your opponent hasn't got anything to destroy it you can very seriously say "Game Over".

M

Mikeymike

I'm not nuts about it myself - as it is inherently more vulnerable than any other enchantment - but I like it with a speedy black deck heavy on the removal.

Ferret

Staff member
I've seen it work well in decks w/ regenerating creatures. Since the cards are merely destroyed when they come into play, you can regenerate them to keep the pain coming...

-Ferret

"A few decks on MTGO have been built around them..."

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The best thing about it is, if you use it as an infinite combo piece, you can almost ignore that second line... once they give you a turn you can take good advantage of it.

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man
The best thing about it is, if you use it as an infinite combo piece, you can almost ignore that second line... once they give you a turn you can take good advantage of it.
Which infinite combo is that?

It might be cool to build a Dingus Staff deck with this guy.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I don't know, something obscenely and unnecessarily complicated, maybe involving Enduring Renewal somehow...

R

Rooser

Gee, I didn't know Enduring Renewal gave you back your enchantments... :rolleyes:

The cards is basically another utlity card for t2 sui-black. A timewalk for sui-black is pretty broken in my opionion. This card can be very strong in the right deck. It's like Zur's Weirding - it looks like you should try to combo around with it, but the only way to play it right is as a game clincher; Once you control the table, put it down to seal the deal.

Also, I'm sad that nobody has compared it to Aether Storm yet.

T

train

Gee, I didn't know Enduring Renewal gave you back your enchantments...
As long as they're creatures when they hit the gy - it's all good!...;) :D :cool:

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Rooser
... it looks like you should try to combo around with it, but the only way to play it right is as a game clincher; Once you control the table, put it down to seal the deal.
This is what I don't like about it. It DOES lock down the end game, but it is an unreliable mid-game cast except in aggro like sui-black as you virtually nullify its self-destruct button.

Its not really a casual card IMO, since you can't really build a reliable combo around it. You can try to put this in a deck that plays regenerators, but your opponent can simply give you an extra turn when it is at your least advantage. Plus in regen decks, which are most likely B/G, I'd personally have a tough time choosing this over Pernicious Deed or the Disk. And as Rooser pointed out, you can't really build a crazy Enduring Renewal deck with it b/c they'll just blow it up when you put the Renewal or a creature on the stack.

With Hanna, Ship's Navigator you might be able to do something, maybe.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Rooser on first look; I used it in my pre-release deck and did use it and a final "lock" once I had a superior board position. The problem was that I only was in that position once during 3 matches - 8 or so games :rolleyes:

I think it would be interesting to explore further if it can stand-alone though in some way...

T

train

TICM - yeah... that's ind of what I was talking about when I mentioned they would be creatures when hitting the gy...

13NoVa

lethal vapors has LITTLE potential, not much.

you would have to be playing a lot of speed to outnumber and outrush your opponent, and, speaking from experience, i dont mind giving up a turn if i have no threat of dying in that turn.