Let Me make your Card

T

terzarima

I've been pondering this idea for a long time. All of you CPAers post your best, sane cards, and out of them all I will choose one and do the art for it. Sound okay?

D

Darsh

Darsh
1RB
Rare
Summon-Wizard

BB T: sacrifice a land, destroy target creature.
RR T: sacrifice a land, do 4 damage to target creature or player.
1/3

Is this balanced?

F

FoundationOfRancor

no....its not.

Darsh, the Wicked 1BB
Summon-Wizard
You may not play lands
Sacrifice a land: Deals 2 damage to target creature or player. That creature may not regenerate and is removed from the game, and its controller may draw a card. If you control a mountain, this card deals 4 instead of 2.
2/1

Darsh, do you like this version?

[Edited by FoundationOfRancor on September 30th, 2000 at 11:45 PM]

D

Darsh

I'm really bad at making these up, thanks FoR!
Ademis please use FoR's version instead of mine.

Its easily killed, powerful, and it can backfire really easily and if it does backfire you're screwed...I love it!!

[Edited by Darsh on September 30th, 2000 at 11:46 PM]

H

Hawaiian mage

Ka-moho-ali'i, Hawaiian mage
4U
Creature-Avatar Legend

Flying.
At any time, you may remove Ka-moho-ali'i from the game. If you do, return it to play at end of turn.
2/4

I've always liked my Teliportation ability.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

First things first: Your asking for sane cards...on the CPA...? And we thought WE were crazy. Anyway, of the cards I'd like to see drawn: Any of my Pies, the Pie-o-Pult, EvilKow's Oven, Or me Phyrexian Pie eater(6 armed version with the Oven as one of his hands) I think those are all in the C.O.W. post. I don't have the time to look them up, but if your really into this, check em out.

F

FoundationOfRancor

hey Hawaiian mage, you could probablly get away with making your avatar cost 3UU. Or maybe 2UU and a small drawback. I dunno, 4U is ok, just wanna give you options....

Im some sort of idtiot...

T

terzarima

What was I thinking, I'm sorry, the closest to sane cards you can think of... Pie-man I can almost see it now... but wait I can't reveal what I'm going to draw, no stay Back

G

Gerode

Gerode 2W
Creature - Legend 0/3

T: Gain control of target foil (Shiny!) card, or cast a duplicate of a foil (Shiny!) sorcery or instant being cast.
6, T, Put a Shiny Object on target permanent: Target permanent is now a foil (Shiny!) card as far as Gerode is concerned.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Me next! Me next!

Ransac, Village Idiot
2WRB
Summon Moronic Legend
When Ransac, Village Idiot comes into play, name a creature type. All long as Ransac, Village Idiot is in play thse creatures get -2/-2 and lose all special abilities.
T: Target creature is a creature of the chosen type permanently.
1/5

"When Ransac starting talking, heads started hurting"

WOO-HOO. I RULE!

Ransac, Village Idiot

N

nodnarb24

Here is a card the every CPA memeber should have:

CPA Membership Card
WRGUB
Enchantment
If all players control a CPA Membership Card the game ends in a draw.

T: Search target player's library for a CPA Membership Card and put it directly into play under that player's control.

T: Destroy all nonland permanents that all opponents control.

All player with CPA Membership Card in play becomes your teammate.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hey nodnarb, did I ever show you the card I made of you?

Nodnarb, The Carrier 2BB
Creature-CPA legend
If you have more than 5 creatures in play, sacrifice this card
Sacrifice a creature: Put a -1-1 counter on target creature
BBB: Put a rat token into play, treat this card as a 1/1 creature.
2/2

And ransac...*shakes head* well, here:

Ransac, the Harsh 3BB
Creature- Dark Mage
When this card comes into play, choose a creature type.
All creatures of the chosen type cannot attack.
2W, T: Target creature becomes a creature of the choosen type permanatly.
4/1

G

Gizmo

Actually, I really like Gerode`s idea.

Hoarding Magpie
UU2
Creature - Bird
Rare
1/3
When Hoarding Magpie succesfully deals combat damage to player you may gain control of target Premium Edition card until Hoarding Magpie leaves play.
Squee found that the Magpie`s collection was a mixture of priceless gems and worthless rubbish, but like the Magpie he only cared that they were shiny.

D

DÛke

Dukester 2RB
Creature - Legend
XRB: Remove the top X cards of your deck from the game.
For each Red card removed this way, deal 2 damage to target creature. For each Black card removed this way, you loose 1 life.
2/2
"Many believe in miracles, but you'll need more than that!"

M

Mordecai

Sacred Guardian, 2WW
Creature--Soldier, 2/4
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Clerics.
He is within, with two right reverend fathers,
Divinely bent to meditation;
And no worldly suit would he be moved,
To draw him from his holy exercise.
--Sir William Catesby, Richard III
William Shakespeare

T

terzarima

There are some very interesting ideas, and as much as I hate to admit it Gerode's is the best so far... Keep posting, I haven't decided yet

D

DÛke

...ok...

DÛke 2WB
Creature - Legend
WB: Put a "Spam" counter on target permenant, that permenant's card text can not be read or understood, in words that CAN be understood, the permenant looses all abilities.
WB: Put a "Flirt" counter on target creature with a female on it.
Gain control of that creature.
If DÛke leaves play, remove all counter made by DÛke from the game.
3/4

T

terzarima

Duke maybe not sane, but I won't accept bad! GIzmo's idea is also worthy of attention

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

This would probably fit the category of insane, and it would never be printed since it would never fit on a card, but here goes:

Thallid Ice Cream Man, Mushroom Seer
2GGUU
Sorceries do not go on the stack and are considered lands until they come into play, at which point their controller performs any actions listed in their rules text and then puts them into his/her graveyard.
When an artifact spell is on the stack, it counts as a sorcery spell instead of any other type of card.
Lands go on the stack when played and count as spells with converted mana costs of 0. When a land is on the stack, it counts as an instant instead of any other type of card and can be played whenever its controller could play an instant.
When an instant spell is on the stack, it is considered an enchantment spell instead of any other type of spell and can be played only when an enchantment could be played.
When an enchantment spell is on the stack, it is considered a creature spell instead of any other type of spell.
When a creature spell is on the stack, it is considered an artifact spell instead of any other type of spell.
Thallid Ice Cream Man, Mushroom Seer's abilities do not force any card to change its card type more than once (for example, it is not true that an instant becomes an enchantment which becomes a creature which becomes an artifact, etc.)
Thallid Ice Cream Man, Mushroom Seer can not block.
"What say you, good sir?"
Thallid Ice Cream Man, Mushroom Seer on a lunch break.
" Shut up!"
Everyone else
1/66

Like it?

[Edited by Thallid Ice Cream Man on 10-13-00 at 06:13 PM]