Legendary Status

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I already knew that you were probably going to do that because that is pretty much the other way you could reward good posters with a "legendary" status. Most of the other people on the boards probably already figured that out before purple said it.

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...I think that 'quality' posters should get the legendary status, not 'quantity'. What good is quantity if it doesn't have the quality?

Whatever you think is best, quality or quantity, I will always be the Guy from the other post.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, on one hand I like the idea of the Founders "bestowing" titles on people who they feel are worthy (although to tell the truth, I haven't really seen any of that. Maybe orgg and TomB but they actually do stuff; they didn't get their priviledges just by posting).

On the other hand, I could see where people might then view that as "elitist" (heck, there was a flap over the existence of "private forums").

But I definitely know I would rather not see special titles created for reaching x amount of posts (it looks like we all agree on that).

T

theorgg

I'd say at least 85-90% of the stuff in the founder's forum has been discussed on the public boards, too...

F

FoundationOfRancor

yeah, but the other 10-15% is ways to manipulate us into being your CPA zombies! Im on to you...
Atually, I dont care!

On topic: I agree that legendary should be counted on content, not quality. However, a large number of people on this site post quality. Few if any posters spam *raises hand shyly* and those who do (hopefully in the off topic area) still post good content posts. So if we did do the legendary status...we'd all be legends!!!

My point is not to convince people to make the legendary status for quanity. I simply want to point out how hard it would be to pick out a couple of people from all the great posters we have!

C

Cateran Overlord

How about making something like a legendary status for those CPA members/founders who are almost never here (Ferret!) Almost like "Yeah I remember them..." or how about CPA Lost Legend or something equally silly

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Spidey - I'll just tell them that they're not 1337 f0r j00!! :D

FoR - well... it'll be quite tough to become a Legend.. :) It probably won't be just quality, but something outstanding.

Overload - Ferret is still a founder whether or not he is here, so I'd leave his title regardless.

D

Duel

Can I attain legendary status by killing off a founder?

"Hey, Zadok! How ya doin'....."

Z

Zadok001

That would probably work... :) But I'll leave it in my will that everyone loses their nicknames if I get killed off! :) HA! J/K

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I must dumb, Ed, I didn't get what you said at ALL :(

Cateran Overlord: That's actually a funny idea! Need a smilie for thumbs up. :D

Ferret, the CPA lost legend...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Spidey - You said "elitest" and I'm just playing on how certain hackers call themselves "elite", but they doe it by using numbers to represent letters. And they mess up spellings:
1337 -> leet -> elite
j00 -> you

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I figured you were doing something like that but I could not figure out the 1337. J00 I got though... Thanks!