Legacy Weapon Target of the Week (March 28)

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
S

Shiro, Time Devourer

This is the "Legacy Weapon Target of the Week", a weekly mini-column in which I pick (on) a category and you vote for its most deserving member (of severe punishment.)

Category #1: Worst rares.... EVER.

I already have one vote for:
Sorrow's Path
Land
The Dark
T: Exchange blocking assignments of 2 target blocking creatures an opponent controls. ~this~ deals 2 damage to you and each creature you control.

Put your votes here. The one with the most votes gets the honor of being put out of its misery (which'd be quite a bit.)

And may the biggest loser win!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's actually an old thread in Classic that deals with worst rares... I'm undecided to merge this with it or keep it separate (although I'll move it to Voting anyway...)

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

On Tuesday (since monday is a holiday and I can't use the net at home yet), I will count all the votes and do The Job on the big winner.

I

Istanbul

Sorrow's Path can be Donated to your opponent and then repeatedly Ported for a one-sided Pyroclasm. It can even be used for its INTENDED purpose if you have one fat green trampler and one fat green non-trampler, and your opponent keeps blocking your trampler with the Wall of Bone and the non-trampler with the Drudge Skeletons.

My vote is for Lifelace.

Lifelace (G)
Instant
Target spell or permanent is now green.

T

theorgg

Both Sorroy Path and Great Wall are not *TECHNICALLY* rares.

I'd say the worst was... probably pale moon.

Istanbul: I've had one good use for Lifelace in my life-- when Angel's Chorus(or whatever from Chronicals) was popular in the White Weenie decks with artifacts like Phrexian War Beast, I'd lifelace the chorus and take away all the bonuses all of them would give.

It didn't win me any games that much, but I felt clever for doing it.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Yes, Sorrow's Path was an uncommon. Of course, that's because The Dark had only commons and uncommons -- no rares. So maybe someone could convince someone else to count Sorrow's Path as being rare. Not Great Wall, though; that's in Legends, which does have rares.

T

TylersOnFire

wow so i just read sorrows path's text...and it seems like there should be a catch to it. but there isnt its just plain bad!:eek: ahhh so weird...legacy weapon: do your thing... :cool:

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

After a long Easter weekend, celebrating Jesus' eradication of sin through his death and resurrection, It's time to put one sinful contestant to its death, beyond resurrection.

There was a near-agreement as you chose between:

Pale Moon (NE). Clearly the nemesis of all decks running steady streams of non-basic lands, which is currently estimated at around 30 at this moment. Even Blood Moon lasted a bit.
** 2 Votes

Lifelace (and practically the lot of them, L/U/R). Changes a spell's or permanent's color permanently, but only once. At least Wizards got wise to the use of color change around Invasion Block. Shifting Sky anyone?
* 1 Vote

Mercenaries (before Mercenaries, IA). Ye God, a 3/3 for 4 that does no damage if its victim pays 3. Again, hindsight is 20/20 with any-player abilities and Mercs.
* 1 Vote.

and a winner is.......

Sorrow's Path (DK). Exchanges an enemy's blockers and kicks you in the knockers. It's been reported as having a rather intimate relationship with the Rishadan Port.
***** 5 Votes

Okay, let it begin. Ready,

Aim,

FIRE!

==============================================

This is my first time with vb images, so bear with me if it doesn't work *perfectly.*
Thanx Johnavon.com, wizardworld.com, and gensuikin.com for the pix.

R

rkoelsch

Just in case anyone is wondering what theorgg is talking about the card is Angelic Voices not Chorus

Color= White Type= Enchantment Cost= 2WW LG(R)/CH(U1)
Text (CH+errata): Creatures you control get +1/+1 as long as you control no nonartifact, nonwhite creatures. [Oracle 2001/08/24]

You get the bonus if all of your creatures are white or artifact even if they also have other colors or qualities. So, if your only creature is a Lord Magnus (a white and green Legend), you would get the bonus. So would a red artifact creature. [Aahz 1994/07/13]
Extended tournaments (see Rule D.15) have banned this card since 1999/10/01.

and Isty I actually built a deck with Lifelace and Aisling leprechauns and Hurricanes and Green wards and COP greens that worked well some times. It was really fun in multiplayer.