League of Legends

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Anyone play this game? I mean, anyone that's still here. I think Mythosx mentioned it once. I've been playing off and on for several months now and for some reason it just occurred to me to see if anyone here played it (probably because almost no one is here anymore anyway). If you do play it, add me. My summoner name is "DiaBahlical."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's an MMO, but you do go online to form teams and battle other teams. Kind of like the fantasy version of Battlefield or Call to Duty, right?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's a MOBA, I suppose, if that's officially a thing. Basically you have an overhead view of the field and control a champion, which levels up and accumulates gold (used to purchase equipment) for killing things. You team up with other people to destroy the opposing team's turrets and defend your own turrets, with the goal of invading their base and destroying their nexus.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, it's not a very commonly used term. Maybe tower defense is the more familiar description of the genre, although I'm not sure how accurate that label is.