Late-night multiplayer game

E

ErinPuff

Last night, my brother and I each had a friend over, and they both happen to play Magic (my friend just started, but she's catching on really quickly)..

We played a game with me and my friend vs. my brother and his friend..

His team (the Flatulence-O-Matics.. don't ask) won very largely.. here's how it happened.

A couple hours into the game, Steve (my brother's friend) cast An-Havva Inn... we were ALL playing green.. he gained 27 life, putting him up to 50. My team (the Tayledras) knew we were very dead.. :eek:

I was the first one to die *sheepish grin*.. I stayed around to give helpful hints to my friend..

Steve had out a Rushwood Elemental which Megan (my friend) had Pacifism-ed early on.. he kept putting the counters on and on.. most of the time, he forgot.. but it got to be a 12/12, and he started rambling about how he was gonna sac it for Phyrexian Dreadnought..

My brother made a stupid move.. he had out a Scaled Wurm, and he used Deepwood Drummer to make it a 9/8.. he attacked Megan, laughing maniacally.. Megan calmly replies: "I'm tapping one to activate my CoP:Green" :)

P

Purple_jester

Err... Erin? Tell your bro to cast Tranquility or Emerald Charm first next time. An Elvish Lyrist would also help. But more importantly, tell him that it's usually a good idea to pay attention to the permanents your opponent had in play... :D

Amusing post, this one... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're back! :D

Sorry if you've been back over the weekedn; this is the first time I've been on and the first forum I've checked...

R

Riva Iron-Grip

hey erin, cast a thran lens if they have cop out. those usually help against that sort of thing

R

Riva Iron-Grip

yeah but you could also use disenchant on a CoP. plus if they're all playing mono green, they dont have disenchatn. duh dude.

E

ErinPuff

Actually, two of us (me and Steve) were playing mono-green, and Brian and Megan were playing green/white.. and I think Brian did have a Disenchant in his deck, but either he wasted it early on and I don't remember, or it was near the bottom and he never drew it.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

oh. i didn't know that, cuz the first post you just said green

E

EricBess

Riva,

If their playing mono green, they don't have a COP: Green. And if their opponent is playing mono green, there is no Pacifism on the critter.

Erin,

What would have been a worse play is if he had done that and Megan had had a Devout Witness in play to destroy the Pacifism and block with the Elemental. :)