Krark's Thumb

H

Homestar

hey all, i was just wondering if you guys think the card Krark's Thumb is any good. i just got it in a tournament pack and i havent heard of any coin flipping cards in mirrodin. i think it sux but if you guys have any combos with it then hit me.

D

DeathMaster666

Its not really an effective card unless you have a deck with a lot of coin flipping stuff. Generally, though, coin flipping cards aren't all that effective anyway. Throw it in your crap rare binder.

R

Rooser

Actually, in casual play, you can get this to work pretty well with Chance Encounter. What you'd be looking for are simply cards that let you easily flip a lot of coins, (Not necessarily cards that do something cool. Goblin Festival, Goblin Bomb, and Mana Clash are prehaps the best for this. Fiery Gambit would be the next best. After those you still got plenty of slots for defense and alternative win conditions. Starstorm, Lightning Bolt, Shivan Dragon, etc.

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Rooser
Actually, in casual play, you can get this to work pretty well with Chance Encounter. What you'd be looking for are simply cards that let you easily flip a lot of coins, (Not necessarily cards that do something cool. Goblin Festival, Goblin Bomb, and Mana Clash are prehaps the best for this. Fiery Gambit would be the next best. After those you still got plenty of slots for defense and alternative win conditions. Starstorm, Lightning Bolt, Shivan Dragon, etc.
Those are indeed the better ones. However, if you are curious, this is the complete list of T1+ Relating-to-Coin-Flipping Cards.

*Type Two* is surrounded by asteriks, if you care. (sp?)

MI Aleatory
6E Bottle of Suleiman
OD Chance Encounter
TE Chaotic Goo
IN Chaotic Strike
TO Crazed Firecat
MM Crooked Scales
WL Desperate Gambit
MR *Fiery Gambit*
EX Fighting Chance
5E Game of Chaos
DS *Goblin Archaeologist*
CH Goblin Artisans
LE *Goblin Assassin*
WL Goblin Bomb
UD Goblin Festival
FE Goblin Kites
IA Goblin Lyre
SC *Goblin Psychopath*
OD Impulsive Maneuvers
MR Krark's Thumb*
DK *Mana Clash*
PR Mana Crypt
AN Mijae Djinn
EX Mogg Assassin
5E Orcish Captain
JU Planar Chaos
MM Puppet's Verdict
ON *Risky Move*
US Scoria Wurm
ON *Skittish Valesk*
AP Squee's Revenge
US Viashino Sandswimmer
TE Wild Wurm
HL Winter Sky
DS *Wirefly Hive*
AN Ydwen Efreet

M

mythosx

alternative win conditions for red? I gotta go with kobolds...

T

train

kobolds and enduring renewal with an altar of dementia - talk about a cycle, good for nothing, but recursion...:D

T

train

well - since the deck is running white for the endurings... might as well run some humbles...;)

D

DeathMaster666

Originally posted by train
kobolds and enduring renewal with an altar of dementia - talk about a cycle, good for nothing, but recursion...:D
You could kill them with Pandemonium... ;)

C

chocobo_cid

any XC spell might do the trick...

Overmaster then Lava Burst!

T

train

Well - you have to be generating mana then... the cycle I proposed doesn't do that...:(

C

chocobo_cid

Jinxed Idol and Ring work well with the theme, but Life Chisel, phyrexian altar, and maybe spawing pit would work nicely with maybe a Grave Pact.

T

train

That's a big combo... it requires a lot of cards - in extreme danger of losing a card, and you lose a bit of the combo...

"Danger, Will Robinson!..."