Korea II

T

train

Should we do away with North Korea while we're over in that part of the world already...

This nuclear pushing the limits business has gone a bit too far already... And using a Russian designed nuclear facility - don't they remember chernobyl???...:confused: :mad:

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by train
This nuclear pushing the limits business has gone a bit too far already... And using a Russian designed nuclear facility - don't they remember chernobyl???...:confused: :mad:
Ah, if only that argument and Three Mile Island were enough to convince people in the US to break down our nuclear facilities... :(

T

train

I thought 3-mile was man's error at the controls and not an engineering issue...

except for how to kill the imbecile...:confused: :eek: ;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Yes it does.
Nuclear power doesn't beat the hell out of every conceivable power mechanism in the universe.

Well if all russian plants suck because of chernobyl, don't all american plant operators suck because of three-mile island?

S

Svenmonkey

Train is a crazy right-winger. He therefore thinks that if it isn't American, it's evil and low-quality.

Anyway, nuclear power is extremely clean, apart from the radioactive waste that they should fire out into space rather than stowing in a mountain. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't know what they're talking about who are afraid of "Nukes in space". :mad:

Yay. I went off on a tangent.

T

train

Train is a crazy right-winger. He therefore thinks that if it isn't American, it's evil and low-quality.
Actually I think it's all evil... we just enjoy taking part in all of the evil doings of the world!!!... Muahahahhahhahahahhah!!!...
And since you sound like you support anything not american... you must be communist!!!...:p (not really)

And I'm not a crazy right winger... I like thighs also... and breasts...:eek: ;)

I'm truly just an outspoken Texan... be glad - it's the quiet Texans you should worry about!...;)

Yay. I went off on a tangent.
Welcome to the club...

Well if all russian plants suck because of chernobyl, don't all american plant operators suck because of three-mile island?
I think I'll invoke the "don't ask, don't tell" clause at this point in time...

B

Bob

Sven and Train are complete opposites.

Sven:Left wing teen loser who is "anti-sexual"
Train: Right wing texan who has a wife and loves sexual innuendo.

...What was this topic about again?

Ferret

Staff member
Okay, this is what I get for taking a week off. Let's take it from the top:

Train : Russia still has many nuclear plants that running quite safely today.

Mazzak : You said it! I honestly think we're at the point where we cannot expect to get a lot of energy w/o having to have some kind of risk involved - somehow, radiation poisoning seems less painful than black-lung disease...

Thallid : You have a point about other power sources in the Universe. I hear a Blue Super Giant star pumps out a lot of energy - could you park one next to my house so I can start siphoning off the energy? :D Seriously. Nuclear is the best we have at the moment. Everything has risks. Driving to work on US 19 every morning through St. Pete has risks...

Sven : There are other kinds of Texans? Goodness, I hope not. While the rest of this country keep waffling about their opinions to either the loudest voices (or the largest wallets) at least we know the Texans can maintain some integrity - although, we still need to seriously talk about Ann Richards...

-Ferret

"Whew!"

T

train

Sven and Train are complete opposites.
And I shoot monkeys... speaking of midnight barbecue?!!!...

Sven:Left wing teen loser who is "anti-sexual"
Train: Right wing texan who has a wife and loves sexual innuendo.
and sex!!!...

...What was this topic about again?
wings, thighs and breasts!!!...

Russia still has many nuclear plants that running quite safely today.
So pepsi proved to help in the defense against radioactive cabbage... no more breakdowns due to alert caffeine addicts...

Everything has risks. Driving to work on US 19 every morning through St. Pete has risks...
Eating wings thighs and breasts also has risks...

There are other kinds of Texans? Goodness, I hope not. While the rest of this country keep waffling about their opinions to either the loudest voices (or the largest wallets) at least we know the Texans can maintain some integrity - although, we still need to seriously talk about Ann Richards...
(harsh political joke forthcoming)
She's elected cause of her dedication to jobs... and the callouses on her knees...

As for other kinds of Texans - they're the ones with guns... I personally don't own one... okay okay - it's on layaway at Wal-mart...

As for integrity... the motto says it all... Don't mess with Texas... cause we ain't 'fraid to fry ya!!!...

S

Svenmonkey

And I shoot monkeys...
Oh yeah?! Well I pretend to hop from tree to tree even though I'm just an underweight-but-somehow-semi-fat-un-athletic loser!! And I'll get you!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I hope... ;)

Anyway, I find it pretty amusing in my own way that here is a country which is openly and blatently admitting to restarting their nuclear program, while the other one, Iraq, is cooperating (as far as I can tell) with inspections, giving inventory, etc. Yet where's the military buildup?

I have back-pedaled slightly on this whole Iraq affair and Bush's motives (yes, you guys can now chime in with a "I told you so!" :) )

T

train

Ahem...

I told you all So!!!...:p

Never doubt a Texans motives!!!... Just how they popped into his head...:eek: