Kill Cards

L

linsivvi

So who knows any kill combos, the ones i know are Channel+Blaze+More Life than opponent and Hatred+An Unblocked Creature+More life than Opponent. do you know anyothers?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just moved the thread to General because the other forum is more for Single Cards, not combos... carry on. :)

P

Purple_jester

The Round 1 Black Lotus + Channel + Fireball is classic. (augh... Blaze?)

Then there's the Academy deck, which used artifacts, Tolarian Academy and multiple land untapping effects to force a 100+ card Stroke of Genius onto a helpless opponent.

There's also the extended Donate + Illusions of Grandeur.

Then there's the Pandemonium + Saproling Burst.

Also the Magic Jar + Windfall + Megrim.

So happy to remind everybody. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't that Donate-Illusions-Disenchant? I thought the Illusions had to be killed for the combo to work, otherwise you're just giving your opponent 20 life :confused:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

If i remember correctly Illusions has a colour specific upkeep, so you don't need the disenchant.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Azreal the Soulmaster
If i remember correctly Illusions has a colour specific upkeep, so you don't need the disenchant.
No, it's just two colorless upkeep (cumulative). If I remember correctly, I think the point of the combo was to disenchant the Illusions so the loss of life went on the stack and resolved before the gaining of life from the... hmm, maybe it was a different card that you Donated...

R

rkoelsch

No the Illusions combo went
player A casts Illusion gains 20 life
player A casts Donate gives the Illusions to Player B
Player b fails to pay upkeep of Illusions loses 20 life

very nasty early

E

EricBess

Illusions of Granduer has a cumulative upkeep of 2. The idea is to pay it once, maybe twice before donating. Then, your opponent wouldn't be able to pay the upkeep long enough to stay alive.

The defense against the deck is to Disenchant it when it first comes into play, after the gain life is on the stack. That way, the caster would lose the life first, thus losing the game before they gained the life.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought when the Donate was cast, the game was over (after everything resolved). I didn't realize it depended on the player not paying upkeep (and thus extending the game for some turns).

H

Hetemti

Doesn't matter...remember, there are two colors in Magic. Blue, and Futile.

K

KaVu_LoRd

my favorite kill-combo is DEFINATLY the sneak attack-serra avatar with Primal rage on the board. its a classic. a little too long though.

i also had a deck that was all one continuous combo...

Cradle+birds+forest+monolith+Deranged Hurmit (x2)= 2 vitalizing winds.

that is 11 creatures all 15/15s comming at you. with EXTREAM luck (the deck is stacked for extended) you can drop that 3rd or forth turn

M

Mr_Pestilence

Here's one of my favorites:

1. Concordant Crossroads
2. Icatian Javilineer
3. Ashnod's Altar
4. Enduring Renewal
5. Farrelite Priest