Kamigawa Silver Bullets?

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Rooser
Seffy, however, was talking about your casual group - which can mean different things to different people, but it mostly just means, wacky multiplayer. When his friends dare to try the new mechanic, Seffy wants a simple one card answer he can throw into his existing decks.

And all I've been trying to tell him is that there isn't one.

Any anti-legend card is going to rule against CHK decks, trust me. Right now Arcane isn't good enough to make an entire deck out of. Most decks will abuse overpowered legends. So, just pack in a few Karakas or Clones, and you'll be ready to tackle them. Or, you could just go normal critter kill like Terminate, that always works. But Clone helps out in killing those annoying new dragons, since you'll get an effect as well. ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I see your point here, SeFRo. But I think you may be blowing it out of proportion. I think a good example is Odyssey block. Casually, when the scrubby players (and I was playing quite a few of them at this point) started building all their green threshold deck/etc. it would have been pretty fun to drop Planar Void and watch them cry...

Packing some Clones as hoser cards here will only be an obstacle for the worst of such casual decks. It won't shut down multiple strategies entirely and preemptively. It works, but it's just not as potent...