Just Twisted.

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

A cycle of very nice "Twist cards." The second Red and White ones are missing, but...

Lifetwist 3BB
Rare
Instant
Exchange life totals with target opponent until the end of the turn. If that player would lose the game, you lose the game instead. If you would lose the game due to life loss, that player loses the game instead. You may not play this card during the combat phase or in reaction to a spell that would cause lethal damage to a player.

Knowledge Twister 4BB
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her deck, then searches his or her deck for up to five cards and puts them into his or her hand.

Reality Twister 4Bu
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles all cards that he has on his side of the field into his or her decks, then may play any number of cards from his or her hand without paying their mana costs.

Multiversial Tornado 3BuBu
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles all cards in play, in their graveyards, and in their hands into their decks and draws as many cards as were shuffled in this way.

Instinct Twist 3GG
Rare
Sorcery
Exchange control of all creatures you control with the creatures target opponent controls.

Primal Twister 4GG
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her deck. Then each player removes all creatures he or she controls from the game, and then searches through his or her deck for up to that number of creatures with different names and puts them into play.

Mindtwister 3RR
Rare
Sorcery
Exchange your deck and hand for your opponent’s hand and deck.

Verdictious Twister 4WW
Rare
Instant
Each Player removes all permanents he or she controls from the game, shuffles his or her hand and graveyard to deck, and draws seven cards.

Nevertwister 8
Rare
Instant
Split Second
Nevertwister is colorless.
Each player removes his or her hand and graveyard from the game, then remove all permanents in play from the game, then each player shuffles his or her deck. Shuffle Nevertwister into your deck and then each player draws seven cards.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Nice ideas!

BPC said:
Lifetwist 3BB
Rare
Instant
Exchange life totals with target opponent until the end of the turn. If that player would lose the game, you lose the game instead. If you would lose the game due to life loss, that player loses the game instead. You may not play this card during the combat phase or in reaction to a spell that would cause lethal damage to a player.
I like this a lot. I'm not opposed to the cost or anything.

BPC said:
Knowledge Twister 4BB
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her deck, then searches his or her deck for up to five cards and puts them into his or her hand.
I'm torn on this. I see this being the precursor to a lot of drawn out combos, effectively winning the game once you play this.

BPC said:
Reality Twister 4Bu
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles all cards that he has on his side of the field into his or her decks, then may play any number of cards from his or her hand without paying their mana costs.
Like the previous one, undercosted. There should be a downside to playing this card.

BPC said:
Multiversial Tornado 3BuBu
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles all cards in play, in their graveyards, and in their hands into their decks and draws as many cards as were shuffled in this way.
Repeating, undercosted. I think the fact that it's a complete reset button for only 3UU makes it completely broken. It should be at least 5UU or 6UU.

BPC said:
Instinct Twist 3GG
Rare
Sorcery
Exchange control of all creatures you control with the creatures target opponent controls.
This cost is a little overcosted. In fact, it already exists in the 2UU instant form of Reins of Power......... Hold on, just noticed that it's a permanent effect. Okay, maybe this is fine, but it's very undercosted for it to be in Green.

BPC said:
Primal Twister 4GG
Rare
Sorcery
Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her deck. Then each player removes all creatures he or she controls from the game, and then searches through his or her deck for up to that number of creatures with different names and puts them into play.
Eh..... I don't think I have a problem with this.

BPC said:
Mindtwister 3RR
Rare
Sorcery
Exchange your deck and hand for your opponent’s hand and deck.
Maybe half your life, too?... and black?

BPC said:
Verdictious Twister 4WW
Rare
Instant
Each Player removes all permanents he or she controls from the game, shuffles his or her hand and graveyard to deck, and draws seven cards.
Maybe I misunuderstood your concept of "twist." Are you trying to reallocate typical color abilities to other colors?

EDIT: And you added another one!

he edited instead of double-posting! YAY! said:
Nevertwister 8
Rare
Instant
Split Second
Nevertwister is colorless.
Each player removes his or her hand and graveyard from the game, then remove all permanents in play from the game, then each player shuffles his or her deck. Shuffle Nevertwister into your deck and then each player draws seven cards.
I can live with this as is.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Knowledge twister... Huh, i dunno. It could lead to auto-wins. but maybe the downside should be that you have to tap out and end your turn, that would actually force you to think: Will your opponent kill you with the cards that he gets?
Mindtwister was the first one. I really like that one as it is, and I'd say, it's the ultimate weapon for the budget player!!
Knowledge twister: when I look at it, you're right. It really sets everything back to point zero, and if you can somehow hold onto a megrim when it goes off, someone is really gonna be hurting. so yeah, raise it to 6UU.
The other blue one: I should actually pull it. it really doesn't fit all that well
Verdictious Twister: I define under a 'Twister card' a card that first of all gets seven new cards and shuffles everything, or a card that switches stuff around. And the white one... Well, it's timetwister with a very white side. But also underpriced, I guess.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Budget Player Cadet said:
Knowledge twister... Huh, i dunno. It could lead to auto-wins. but maybe the downside should be that you have to tap out and end your turn, that would actually force you to think: Will your opponent kill you with the cards that he gets?
Perhaps it leave you to tap yourself out, but there are too many combos that can go off with having the perfect 5 cards. Imagine this card thrown into a BU tinker deck....

Mindtwister was the first one. I really like that one as it is, and I'd say, it's the ultimate weapon for the budget player!!
My only negative thought on the card is the fact that "Mind Twist" already exists."

Knowledge twister: when I look at it, you're right. It really sets everything
back to point zero, and if you can somehow hold onto a megrim when it goes off, someone is really gonna be hurting. so yeah, raise it to 6UU.
:D

The other blue one: I should actually pull it. it really doesn't fit all that well
:D

Verdictious Twister: I define under a 'Twister card' a card that first of all gets seven new cards and shuffles everything, or a card that switches stuff around. And the white one... Well, it's timetwister with a very white side. But also underpriced, I guess.
Yes.... very underpriced. If you're going to add an effect based on the color, you should also add a downside to compensate.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Darn! Curse you mind twist!
I've never had a situation that I was glad to see that card...
Oh, and about tinker... I run that in my affinity deck once, what's a tinker 'deck'?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Tolarian Academy, Tinker, Mana Artifacts, Stroke of Genius, Mind over Matter, etc.

It can win on turn one already. It came out during the Urza's Cycle.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Why did I see tolarian academy coming? I want that card!!!!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's definitely all kinds of amazing....... the kind of amazing that requires it only being legal for one week of Type 2 before they banned it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

How did I see that coming? The good news is, only ante cards and shazarad are banned in Vintage, and that's the format I (some people would call this dumb, the rest would call this absolutely idiotic) play in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Chaos Orb and Falling Star are also banned...

But there's several Restricted cards, of which the Academy is one...

B

Budget Player Cadet

There really should be a tournament format where everything is allowed up to four times.

B

Budget Player Cadet

There really should be a tournament format where everything is allowed up to four times.
Ransac said:
There is.... it's called "Playing with your friends."

Ransac, cpa trash man
I wish I could do it even there... My friends all start to complain when they see an artifact land!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They tried that in Magic's beginning. Lots of first turn kills, hence, it came down to whoever went first. Not very fun or exciting - you can roll a die without Magic cards to get the same result.