Just randomly wondering

L

Limited

In my experience, not a whole lot. For cards around $20, it might add a buck or two. For more expensive cards, it could vary more..

D

DarthFerret

Such as a signed Time Walk? Or a Signed Black Lotus? he he he :D

L

Limited

My guess would be $25 - $30.. because its a popular card and all.

Normal ones fetch ya between $18 and $20, so the signature is worth something.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Doesn't it depend a lot on who signed it? Was it the artist, a player, or a member of R&D? I'm thinking those are the three groups of people who would raise the value of the card and the increase in value would be based approximately on the value of their signature + the value of the card to begin with. I'm thinking the artist would grab the biggest value and provide the most stability, but I'm not sure.

For some reason, this conversation makes me want to draw glasses and mustaches on all my Maros and sell them on eBay, saying they were "autographed" by Mark Rosewater. I believe that's the way he signs cards and unless he adds an actual signature, it would be easy to forge.

Killer Joe

I have a Counterspell signed by our very own Mr. 'train' and it says, "Blue Stinks!" To me, it's price-less! :rolleyes:

H

HOUTS

If it is artist signed- add 3-5 dollars to each card.
Only if the ink is in gold or silver. Anything else makes it 2-3.
IT matters....

-HOUTS-

N

Nightstalkers

Any reason for the gold and silvering?

(I don't go to conventions and get cards signed, this whole value to a signature is new to me in the respect that I just didn't give a fat f*** before)

H

HOUTS

Yes, as a past seller, and collector, while dealer, Gold and Silver were the two pen choices for signatures on big cards. I'm not talking about $1 to $3 dollar cards, only ones that truly have lasting impact on the game. Say, like a Timewalk. Force of Will has that impact.
As for the color choices, it's because of preference when you're collecting and dealing these cards. The pens usually are done with a heavy ink (Sharpee) and soaks into the paper. It will not smear, scratch, or wear as quickly as others. Mind you, this is based on that most of those colors are used in Sharpee's or other good brands.
Secondly, the color comes out more when you see them signed in that color, as opposed to a red, blue, etc.

-Houts-

D

DarthFerret

That makes a lot of sense. When it comes to football/baseball signatures, most people get them done with a black sharpie, but the ones that really standout and seem to see for more on ebay, are done with a silver or gold sharpie.

I have a limited edition 2005 Texans Football with David Carr and Andre' Johnson's Signitures in Silver on it!