Just had to post about this...

D

DarthFerret

I know, y'all probably are not interested, however, I had to get this out of my system. As some of you know, my appearances have been a little sketchy as of late. I explained that I was trying to get some land that I bought ready to put a house on. Well, I just got the approval Wed. morning. I have the loan now, and am about to go full steam ahead with this project. In the next month and a half or so, I will be very busy with putting in septic and well systems, preping land for trailer move (Yes, a brand new mobile home, talk about upscale white trash....woo hooo!), and building driveways, sheds, etc. I will be on here less and less frequently, and hope that this does not disrupt anything that I am currently involved in here. In less than 2 months, I should be fully moved in, and am not sure if I can get internet service out there yet...(I practically refuse to use dial-up). I will keep y'all updated here in this post if you are interested (unless Spidey deletes this thinking it is Spam....<snicker>). If you are not interested, the only thing I have to ask is why are you still reading this post?

Yeah for me and Mrs. DarthFerret. We are gettin a house! wooo hoooo!

The above was sponsored by the minorities of America, including Latin Americans waving American flags, Louisiana refugees that are gainfully employed and not on welfare, and women who have ever found me moderately attractive!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, this isn't spam....

Good luck with everything! We'll try to keep your character alive in the D&D game and hopefully you can check in enough to keep playing the 2HG game...

O

orgg

Make sure you've got good drainage under that trailer. Mosquitoes will eat you up if you don't.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Do you need an car on blocks for the front yard? :D

Hope things go well!
Keep an eye on the small things, they can be a b*&%h.

D

DarthFerret

Funny that Mooseman, my fiance's car just shelled its engine, and it is sitting in the back yard...OMG, I am becoming trailer trash....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Don't forget to build a huge shed where you can invite us over to play magic.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

Whatever happened to the good old days when people built their own houses?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
My dad built his house in 1967 and I helped. (well I was 6 and I shovel slag and carried bricks)
I have been remodeling my house for the last 16 years........ We all learn things from our parents, I learned to do construction on my own house and to not finish the job for years, just like my dad..... :eek:

B

BigBlue

Congrats DF! It is going to be a lot of work, but it will also be well worth it - even if it is just a starter trailer...

D

DarthFerret

Nightstalkers, in order for me to afford the well and septic systems, I had to get a loan, and decided to get a trailer for now. The long term plan is for us to pay off this loan and start building a house. Hopefully in 20 years I will have accomplished this goal.

T

train

That is really cool...

(And don't forget that Magic shed.)

Congrats...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oh, I almost forgot. The Magic Shed needs to be bigger than your house and have a room that takes up half the shed that wil be reserved for me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

sure thing, If I ever figure out how to construct a Magical shed, it will only have two rooms, yet both rooms big enough to be over half the total area contained within.

Oh....wait...not what you meant by a Magic Shed huh?

**Falls over in a undrunken stupor**

N

Nightstalkers

Tip on building houses: Putting in a basement by yourself is hell.