Just a thought ...

B

Baron Sengir

I was curious: How many people are we going to have be admin capable on this thing? Every member that joins? Or just us original ones?

Do we want to set ourselves up as a kind of council in charge of this whole thing or do we want everyone to be able to change stuff?

My vote is for keeping us original members as the only ones admin capable. Everyone registered as a member right now. Otherwise, this thing will get way out of control. If we get too big, too quickly without some semblence of control, this will get ugly. We've got a pretty good number for a council. Heck, we could be the Council of Casual Players. :) We'd all be administrators. Let me know what you all think.

I remain
The Baron

Now we can be the guys people bitch at!

N

nekrataal

I was thinking just the same thing. The members we have now, plus Ferret and some others that haven't popped up yet should get to be the admins.

If this thing really grows into a lot of people, we could have some problems giving out too much control. I mean if someone goes ape on us or something, they might screw with the board.

I suggest that only the guys that came from the dojo get to be admins. After all, we came up with ideas and helped get it off the ground.

Just my thoughts.

Z

Zadok001

No complaints w/ that idea.

Speaking of which, where is Ferret? I haven't seen him on the Dojo or in this group, and he would be a valuble memeber. Has he e-mailed you Baron? Or has he simply vanished from the face of the earth X-Files style?

Z

Zadok001

If we are to do that, we need two things I think none of us have:

1. A full list of who, exactly, the founders of this group are.

2. The ability to get those people IN HERE!

Who are the founders? We have Baron, nekratall, ed, igfett, myself, Young Jedi, Ferret, Veldrane, Child of Gaea...

Anyone else? I want to post this on the Dojo to get the listed people to sign up. This ok w/ everyone?

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

B

Baron Sengir

It sounds great. Just check some of those group e-mails that were going around. Those people should be the founding members.

If anyone isn't on that list but has joined since before we made the UBB, they should be considered founding members.

BTW, how do I check my admin status?

I remain
The Baron

This is gonna be huge, guys, HUGE!

I

igfett

you're an admin. look in a previous post of mine, and there is a link. it takes you to all the admin options

B

Baron Sengir

The following people should be on the Council of Players: Ed, <bodies@rocketmail.com>, Veldrane <cacklingfeind@hotmail.com>, Ferret
<ferret_227@hotmail.com>, igfett <igfett@hotmail.com>, Jimmy C <jimmymc@cvc.net>, mengrichard
<mengrichard@hotmail.com>, REAPERGOD <REAPERGOD@webtv.net>, Tony Scott
<maraxus25@hotmail.com>, zad001 <zad001@hotmail.com>

This is the most recent list I have. Let me know if I forgot anyone.

I remain
The Baron

I

igfett

OK, everyone on that list now has administrator status, except ferret. after him, NO MORE ADMINISTRATORS!!! we have the full "council of players" (apparently what we will call the founders, I like it) excepting ferret of course, registered and admin capable.

N

nekrataal

He replied to one of my posts today on the Dojo so he is still alive. But maybe, just maybe, he was replaced with an alien clone... Or maybe he really is an alien...

I'm gettin goosebumps now. I have to go.

B

Baron Sengir

Okay, I have to run to work but here's my idea:

Let's get admin stuff to all the people registered so far. Everyone from me to Veldrane to Child of Gaea to Ferret. All the founding members. After that, we don't hand out admin stuff to anyone unless we all agree they should get it. Right now, the number of us is really managable. I'd hate to see this thing crash and burn because we get a loose cannon with admin priviledges.

I remain
The Baron

The rough draft of the Article is up! Give me suggestions!

Ferret

Staff member
Oooo! Council of Players. Is that like the Jedi Council, the Council of Doom, or those huge disembodied heads from Superman I?

-ferret

"...I like the feeling of power! Now, I'm off to crush some people like bugs! :)"