Joining CPA

O

olwen

Hi,

I have been browsing this site for some time and did not see the forums till it was mentioned recently on the front page.

I think of myself as a casual player, although the majority of my duelling are at Pro-Tour Qualifiers or Friday Night Magic. I've been playing since just before Urza's Saga Pre-release through the purchase of a discounted 4th Ed. starter set at Barnes & Noble.

N

nodnarb24

Welcome to the Wonderful place called the CPA. I'm glad you found the message boards.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Greetings!!! I'm one of the crazies mentioned on the post above. Except, for some reason, I rise above most crazies. Just kidding, I'm not better than most of you guys. Guys?

*K9Archmage, Fuzzy510, Teferi, and Thallid Ice Cream Man, all offended at Ransac's statement of superiority, grab Ransac and duct tape him to the flag pole.*

*After they finish, one came to a realization.*

K9Archmage: The CPA doesn't HAVE a flagpole.

*They turn around and Ransac is gone. Actually, he just walked across the street to eat hot dogs at the Circle K.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Z

Zadok001

Welcome aboard! :) We have some higher level players here too, but the general insanity level is with that of casuals. Have fun!

/begin{nickname speech}
Ok, here's the deal. I'm your friendly neighborhood nickname guy. :) See those neat-o little orange nicknames people have under their names? If you Private Message me (see the button at the bottom of this post with 'PM' on it?) with a request for a specific one, I'll give it to ya'. :)
/end{nickname speech}

C

cbearsbro

Hi. Welcome to the CPA. Hope you survive the experience... Oh wait, that's the X-men... Never mind... wrong boards :D

Anywhose, have fun :)

H

Hawaiian mage

Welcome to the CPA. There was once a time when I ruled this land... and then for a while Zadock pretended to be the leader of this site I created. But then I died, and he took it from me on my death bed.

-Hawaiian "if that made sense to you, you scare me" mage

D

Daggertooth

I'm sorta a deranged psycopath that is trying to get into tournies. Although,I haven't even got past the forth round of a prerelease. I'm one of the few sane people around here.;)

Welcome and remember, only those with a strong mind will maintain their sanity in this environment.

DAGGERTOOTH

M

MrXarvox

but who would want to maintain sanity here?

BwaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahHAHAHAHahahahahaha

and similar diabolical cackling

I'm not really that evil, although I may say I am..

Shut up Mr. X! I am evil! I will smash all existence and make it not exist anymore! I will strip all from their illusions!

Mr. Xarvox: Tzyver, you've got issues.

Tzyver: So? Don't make me come down there!

Mr. Xarvox: Umm.. <levitating> You mean UP here...

Tzyver: Damn you and your logic! I'll crush you too!

Etzan Tzyver : The BOTH of you! Shut the smeg up, bloody id and ego, constantly trying to kill each other!

*Etzan Tzyver absorbs both of them*

I must apologize for my little friends here. They can't stop fighting for a second!

Welcome to the Madhouse!

A

Apollo

Welcome!

See, we do need to make the 'boards more prominent on the front page.

C

cbearsbro

Originally posted by Daggertooth
[BWelcome and remember, only those with a strong mind will maintain their sanity in this environment.

DAGGERTOOTH [/B]
Sanity is a board requirement???? ACK :eek:!! That wasn't in the rulebook... What do you mean there isn't a rulebook???? Ah, well, sanity is soooooooooo overrated :rolleyes: Much more interesting when ya feel like a nut, than when ya don't ;)

F

FrigginRizzo

Hola Olwen,

You wouldn't be the Olwen that up and trounced me at PTQ - Tokyo in Pittsburgh last month would you? That's what I figured (trying to sound confident that I busted through the super tech nick of "Olwen").

John Friggin' Rizzo

O

olwen

Hi FrigginRizzo,

I had great fun at the last PTQ in Columbus, saw you there too. I was the one with the Double Dragon Deck! Lost one match to an armadillo cloaked Treva (killed it in the second game with Wallop!).

Zadok001 > We have some higher level players here too ...

I enjoy the structure and level of competition at the Pro-Tour Qualifiers, the goal there being to obtain product (i.e., through getting Top 8 or more realistically through the 1700 flag rating division prize), never to actually qualify for the Tour itself. In fact, I don't want to even get a Pro Tour point (e.g., by placing in the Top 32 at a Grand Prix). That would disqualify me from entering the Amateur Championship Tournament at Origins!

cbearsbro,
I liked the X-Men very much until they started proliferating comic series -- too many to keep up. Particularly enjoyed the encounter with the Brood.

Thank you everyone for the (insanely) warm welcome.

Happy Gaming!

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

*K9Archmage, Fuzzy510, Teferi, and Thallid Ice Cream Man, all offended at Ransac's statement of superiority, grab Ransac and duct tape him to the flag pole.*

*After they finish, one came to a realization.*

K9Archmage: The CPA doesn't HAVE a flagpole.

*They turn around and Ransac is gone. Actually, he just walked across the street to eat hot dogs at the Circle K.*
i'm confused. the cpa does not have a flagpole, but it has a circle k. what kind of crazy place is this? a hot dog place, but no flagpole? whatever.

one more thing. im a sort of crazy

[me] feels a strong whap on the back of his head.[/me]

*k9ArchMage yells at TURD CUTTER and tells him to sit down and shut up. TURD CUTTER shamefully obliges.*

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yes, we have no flag pole. You should start a protest about it, TURD CUTTER, demanding that we get a flag pole. Oh, can you imagine it? Millions will adore you. Billions will know your name. Trillions will be shouting you name. Can't you just picture it?

*TURD CUTTER is suckered in and goes to the founders and demands a flagpole. He was never seen again. Actually, he was just turn into a leprechan for three hours. Kids chased him for his lucky charms.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

K

K9Archmage

Why hello... I... am... god... I... am... strife... I... am... not... housebroken!

MWAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Hoipa

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Aw, man. Now, look what you've done, K9! You peed on my sleeping bag.

*Note for later:the dog knows too much*

Ransac, cpa trash man