Jargon!!!

N

Nightstalkers

I have had it! in my area I am presented with the best in .\\agic players and I still see gaping holes in most strategies which could be filled with a single common or uncommon. Why then do you guys insist on pulling out your checkbooks and filling your decks full of rares and rare foils instead of going through the bargain bin every once in a while for strategies? As a considerably subtle player I agree with even the newbies in the fact that there is a lot of stuff you can do with just a couple of pre-cons and a few packs.
Now, you might think that I'm just going out on a limb here, but I've got a few cards I'd like to highlight to you guys that really shouldn't be overlooked. I've presented the same slew of mincemeat peacemeal to the top ten players in my area, and all but a couple have been met with either scorn.

Fractured Loyalty

Now this little ditty is a nice little card to have even though you might not think so. From Baton of Morale to Zelyon Sword[/url] is good with this card. Come on, your boosting red's sneaky desire to be blue and take over creatures. Another great card to use with this is Scale of Chiss-Goria ITS CONTROL FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! Theme: Progressing Business'

Grid Monitor

Work with me people, work with me. I've even stated that Grid Monitor, Arrest, and Donate make this guy not only a "crappy card" but a really nice bouncer for your side too. Makes you wonder why your opponent would be getting such a "valuable" employee of yours. Theme: Progressing Business'

Jinxed Choker

What can we do with this? Absolutely nothing if you don't remember the cheap trick with Time Bomb back in the day. Simply slap down a COP: Artifacts and throw out four chokers. Your opponent figures out why you like such beautiful yet annoying jewelry, and he gets to try on your "painless" creations himself. Theme: Wanna be a jeweler? / Progressing Business'

Myr Incubator/Broodstar

Heh, whats that? can't figure out Broodstar? well my friend, I've got a neat little strategy for you today. Take yourself a common Broodstar everyone seems to be trying to unload on me (for a stack of commons for goodness sake!), mix in Mass Hysteria, and a Myr Incubator. What do you got? well, if your building one of those all artifact decks, you've just gotten yourself a really big, really mean, flying creature with haste for only 2 blue mana. NUFF SAID. Theme: I dont' know, kick your opponent with that crappy stack of 4 "useless" duplicates of Broodstar he couldn't even trade to the newbs? Yeah, thats about right.

Ornithopter

Ornithopter you say? Piece of crap you left behind in the days you started collecting? BAH! thats just what you guys expect to say. This is a timeless relic of strategy which even I can tell you implies the best for you. these guys are affordable (0 mana to play!!!) and late in the game you can throw one of those down, and play (after your opponent stops laughing at you for getting all excited by playing it) Nightmare Lash to pump it up for that last punch. Theme: BRING ON THE OLDIES!!!

Quicksilver Fountain/ Power Conduit

Lemme see... both work great together to keep you blue, and your opponent seeing blue. Anything else You need to know? Theme: Progressing Business'

Thats my little list and bucket full of woes for this area... Now if only the guys I beat with the Broodstar strategy would stop crying after practically giving me the cards for that nice little idea. :D

Nightstalker Exterra
"I may look, act, and play like a n00b, but I am your worst enemy if you do try to dominate everyone in the area, and rub it into their faces."

T

train

Nightstalkers - is there another Magic shop you could frequent to not deal with this...

"It seems to bother you just a little bit...":p

R

Rooser

Um.... Your analysis of Broodstar and Myr Incubator is a bit flawed.

First, Broodstar is not underrated. I don't mean it's not good, I mean it's not underrated. It's no top-dollar rare, but they get the respect they deserve in most parts. Perhaps your locals are just insane in the membrane. As for your strategy, and I'm getting real sick of saying this, MASS HYSTERIA DOES NOT NEED TO COMBO WITH MYR INCUBATOR. For that matter, it shouldn't be comboed with Broodstar either. Haste is irrelevant for the Myr tokens because you can activate the incubator as a fast effect, which means you can put them into play at the end of your opponent's turn, which means they have virtua-haste built in. As for the Broodstar, lightning greaves is much better if you want to give it haste. Further, popping an incubator for a bumload of tokens just so you can have a big broodstar is redundant. "Winning More" over just plain "Winning" is a waste of card space. What I'm getting at is these two cards are good in their own right, but comboing them is unecessary.

T

train

hittin' some old skool beats!...:cool:

I think Nightstalkers may have it a little easier if the prescription was actually used...:p

N

Nightstalkers

He's got problems no doubt. I could make a better deck with his unlimited supply of uncommons/commons and still build something stronger than most people in his district.

What kind of wuss uses Ornithopter anyways? Oh right, a dead wuss.

Nightstalker Habuki

M

mythosx

whos trying to unload brood stars????
hook it up!!!!
I cant even get my hands on broodstars where im at....artifact affinity kicks ass...

N

Notepad

Originally posted by mythosx
whos trying to unload brood stars????
hook it up!!!!
I cant even get my hands on broodstars where im at....artifact affinity kicks ass...
I have to agree that NS is definitely off his rocker once again. As an outspoken person who is often off his own rocker, I can smell my own. Welcome back to the padded room, NS!

But yeah...I wish I was where he was, where people unload the broodstars. Closest I came was this latest saturday this guy who is majorly casual and into dragons handed me his tradestock. I promptly picked out all his Onslaught fetch lands, and his reaction was:

"You want those!? Nobody wants those! What, do you really like lands or something?!"

So I made some reasy trades to get my rainbow sliver deck going. Of course, he and his buddies (and in fact the rest of the store) were laughing at me for trading for such crappy lands. I, being one to know what the heck I was doing, proceded to challenge him to a one-on-one and kick his butt with my WG sliver deck, which featured the appropriate fetch lands.

...they still didn't get how good they are. Bleh...

Anyway, I still have never seen people try to ditch something as obviously good as broodstar.

Maybe you should buy a precon or two if you're having trouble finding them...

T

train

I can trade the Broodstar out of my set - If I get a good deal in return - aka - more cards for my set - even if it's 3 or 4 junk rares - it makes my list shorter!...

PM me if anyone is interested, first come, first trade... if the deal is right!...

M

mythosx

Holy crap!?!?! Where the heck are you all playing at?? I think I need to take myself on a Casual players alliance tour next summer when I return to the states. Who the hell is trading fetch lands?!?!?!

T

train

I trade fetch lands when I have them - Get more of what I want that way...;)

N

Notepad

Originally posted by mythosx
Holy crap!?!?! Where the heck are you all playing at?? I think I need to take myself on a Casual players alliance tour next summer when I return to the states. Who the hell is trading fetch lands?!?!?!
Salinas, Calif. A little shop called Star Cards and Collectibles. Problem is, I sucked up the fetch lands already. But you can get anything you want...or two or three of it, if you have an Akroma or Phage in your binder. Or a dragon. A chronicles Vavictus Asmadi can trade for an Ice Age Adarkar Wastes. Heh...

I try to trade rare for rare with these guys, and they think they're the ones ripping me off, and I even tell them I'm getting the better deal. They just think I'm on crack or something. "Those lands suck!" Yeah, bub, now take that Vulshok Battlemaster and give me the fetch land...and feel free to call me an idiot. Pain lands are the same way--they don't understand the point in why anybody would want one.

My multicolor decks are turning out quite nicely.

M

mythosx

salinas california?!?! Ill roll down there next summer. Im stuck in Japan for a year. But i usually live in San jose Cali.

T

train

Officer - "So it was consensual then, Mr. SeFRo?"
SeFRo - "Yes officer, They wanted it that way. So the animal instinct in me took full advantage of the situation. Wouldn't you officer?"
Officer - "Don't know, not into cardboard crack, the real stuff is good enough for me...":p

N

Nightstalkers

Heh, I mostly toured the Kanto region. Might go back for a months stay if I can ever get out of the office or snag an assignment over there.

Nightstalker Exterra