It's official

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Bush has declared a flee-or-fight ultimatum on Hussein, who is a grade A mudhole, but hasn't done anything to the U.S. recently, unlike:

*Saudi Arabia's Osama Bin Laden
*The Al-Qaeda
*North Korea
etc.

A year and a half ago, I suspected that, right or wrong, 911 would be traced in some way to Saddam Hussein. This is hardly prophecy.

The best I can say about this is that it'll get a certain nutjob dictator out of Iraq. Bush's error was in connecting him to 911.

T

train

But he's married to a family supporting bin laden...

I think it's about @%&^#^%* time...:eek: :D

And I just told someone last wednesday we'd begin fighting in 2-3 weeks...

S

Svenmonkey

It's official... and it sucks.

This war will just be a huge economic drain until we start pumping in the free oil.

Z

Zhaneel

It's been really depressing watching the news these past few days.

"War is our last choice" - BULL****

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Less than 22 hours now until the United State yet again experiences orgasm .... Uh, I mean war... yeah, war...

This is pathetic.

L

Lotus Mox

The saddest part is: that it might be the 20.03.2003 (in Iraq) when war starts, which might reveal that some of my quite lunatic suspicions are closer to truth than I wish.

N

Nightstalkers

We are sorry to break the news but... well, um. Oh, just get it over with.

Armaggedon... you will see it everyday now. Just try to fight as hard as you can. These troubled times are paved with disaster, and if you are to avoid the third coming you will be saved for another few millenia. We will survive this like we survived the first two, but be warned IF WE DO NOT AVOID THE CHOICE THAT WAS MADE BY SO MANY IN THE PAST, WE WILL BE LOST FOREVER LIKE THE OTHER TWO RACES THAT MADE THE SAME MISTAKES AS WE.

T

train

Nightstalkers is on the right track...

and...

Zhaneel... What would you suggest be the last choice as diplomacy has failed...:confused:

This war will just be a huge economic drain until we start pumping in the free oil.
actually it's a boost...;)

S

Svenmonkey

Sure, the stock market is up a few points, but $15 billion or so in federal cash is down the drain, plus all that stuff we're going to have to spend paying crews to put out the oil fires for several years to come. We won't be able to pump that oil until the fires are out.

T

train

we're not there for the oil... and our prices are up due to oil strikes in South America - not Iraq...

And that fifteen billion is only a digital number anyway... it's not money in actual existence... if that were the case - i'd like to get paid the security guard's salary for guarding that for just a moment...

Z

Zhaneel

Diplomacy failed because Bush wanted it to.

And war might boost the economy, but the rebuilding and reconstruction of Iraq will cost quite a lot.

I have a friend who is a human shield in Baghdad, and this is an excerpt from his diary:
"We stand on the eve of perhaps one of the most horrifying violent acts ever committed in human history (US war plans call for the "Shock and Awe "launching of 3000 cruise missiles for Baghdad in the first 48 hours, and Pentagon officials have said civilian casualties are inevitable, comparing it to Hiroshima). And yet I wish you could see what I see on the streets of Baghdad. There are banners crying out against the war hanging from the buildings and bridges. There are marriages and babies being born. Two nights ago we attended an Iraq folk festival! Tonight we will go to a huge soccer game (and perhaps have an Iraq Peace Team vs. journalists vs. neighbors game!) Hundreds of people have gathered here in Baghdad as a global presence of peace."

These are people like you and me? And heaven help us, Hiroshima???

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The thing with today's technology is that the military can, in most cases, hit a target without any or minimal "collateral" damage (civilian casualties), unlike Hiroshima, where the Bomb obliterated everything, military, civilian, whatever.

Yes, some civilians will be killed in this process. As bad as that is, it's a lot better than carpet bombing to get rid of the military infrastructure.

E

EricBess

Your friend is in Baghdad, Zhaneel? And "pentagon officials" have said that? Where is he getting this quote? I'm guessing from Baghdad television. If there is one thing we learned from the Gulf War it is that Hussein has strong control over the media in Baghdad. Anyone here hear the quote from the pentagon? I'm sure the pentagon wouldn't release such a quote in Baghdad before releasing it here.

From what I've seen, Hussein doesn't have support from most of Iraq (except the military) and needs to make the US look as evil as possible to keep his own people from simply turning on him.

I'm with Spidey here. Civilian casualties are probably inevitable, but care will be taken to prevent it where possible.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, he could have gotten it second-hand from other Western news crews in the area.

I've seen some photos of "general civilians" voicing their support for Saddam (you knowm with the guns in the street), but who knows how much of that is staged and how much is genuine.

Z

Zhaneel

I've read some of those facts in the papers and seen it on the news, so I have no reason to doubt it.

I hope, for their own sakes, that most of the Iraqi troops surrender.

N

Nightstalkers

It is not the mass that scares us, but the single person that could spread a deadly disease anywhere