Istanbul's Trivia Results

I

Istanbul

(Don't worry, this is just an update and a way to start a new thread. You still have until Wednesday to answer.)

Well, so far, I've had three responses, and let me say, yikes. O.O You people are pretty inventive.

Upon further consideration, I realized that there are TWO answers to my question.
Griffith_se, the first person to answer, pointed out a *third* answer I hadn't thought of.

I've gotten three responses, and all three are different, and only one was wrong.

Aaaanyway. This thread is for me to post the results for a question anytime a new one is posted. This is also the thread where any dispute over the scoring should be taken.

E

ErinPuff

agh.. mine was the wrong one..

Next time, I'll do more research.

I

Istanbul

Don't worry, ErinPuff. The ratio is holding true. With 9 people responding thus far, 3 of them are wrong, making for exactly a 1-in-3 ratio.

D

DÛke

...Erin, Istanbul has many questions, he will trip everyone in one of them: you could use the chance to catch up, but you gotta' be careful, he might trip you too:).

I

Istanbul

Apollo - 0
Chaos Turtle - 0
Duel - 0
Duke - 1
Elrond - 1
ErinPuff - 0
Gerode - 1
Griffith_se - 1
Hetemti - 1
mogg bomber - 0
nodnarb - 1
Spiderman - 0
Zadok - 1

The answers I had in mind:
Seal of Removal, because the hands are on the left.
Seal of Fire, because it's the only one that can target a player.

E

ErinPuff

Agh! I even thought of the second one, too, but my demented mind wrote down the wrong one...

And I got #2 wrong too! Gotta stop taking all that cold medicine... ;)

I

Istanbul

Apollo - 1
Chaos Turtle - 0
Duel - 0
Duke - 2
Elrond - 1
ErinPuff - 0
Gerode - 2
Griffith_se - 2
Hetemti - 1
Mogg Bomber - 0
nodnarb - 1
Spiderman - 1
Zadok - 1

dw, I'll put you up there when you at least *try* to answer a question.

The answer I had in mind:

Four of the five enchant creature spells have a Licid that will duplicate the effect. Quicksilver Licid will grant the same ability as Lance. Nurturing Licid will grant the same ability as Regeneration. Gliding Licid will grant the same ability as Flight. And Corrupting Licid will grant the same ability as Fear. But there's no Licid that grants Mountainwalk; Burrowing was supposed to be the odd one out.

I

Istanbul

Apollo - 1
Chaos Turtle - 0
Duel - 0
Duke - 2
Elrond - 1
ErinPuff - 0
Gerode - 3
Griffith_se - 2
Hetemti - 1
Mogg Bomber - 0
nodnarb - 1
Spiderman - 1
Zadok - 1

Well, I started out with 'Kezzerdrix'. But I DID ask for the answer worth the most points, and Gerode one-upped me.

If you're behind, don't worry! The next question can be worth up to two points.

I

Istanbul

Nebuchadnezzar.

You may be wondering why it wins, when it ties with Kezzerdrix for points...

...I've looked at a Scrabble board for this one.

Both words could be played on a Scrabble board so that they would hit two Triple Word Scores, making them worth equal amounts. So I went by the MINIMUM value as a final determinant.

It is possible to play 'KEZZERDRIX' on the board in such a way that you hit only two Double Letter scores. It's quite possible for the word to be worth 50 points, or even less.

However, it is impossible to play 'NEBUCHADNEZZAR' on the board without hitting at least two Double Word scores, causing its minimum value to be at least 120 points.

Trust me, I thought long and hard about this one.

[Edited by Istanbul on September 25th, 2000 at 04:05 PM]

D

Duel

Hey! He's right! I was sure that there were longer names.
Quarum Trench gnomes, for instance.......
AlexiZephyrMage
X,Z,Y. And 16 letters.

Z

Zadok001

Yeah, but if you read the question, Isty was looking for a SINGLE word.

D

Duel

I know.
*Sigh*
I so wanted to finally be able to use Quarum Trench Gnomes....

T

Thrash Golem

what about boil? thats at least 6 points

or.. Burning Cinder Fury of Crimson Chaos Fire?

I

Istanbul

Apollo - 1
Chaos Turtle - 0
Duel - 0
Duke - 2
Elrond - 1
ErinPuff - 1
Gerode - 4
Griffith_se - 4
Mogg Bomber - 0
nodnarb - 2
Spiderman - 2
Thrash Golem - 1
Zadok - 3

None. :) Seriously, I wanted to see not only how many people still cared about this game (it was the essence of simplicity to find 10 answers and get a point, everyone who tried, did so), but just how many off-color abilities you folks could find. Griffith_se and Zadok both tied for the most with 22.

[Edited by Istanbul on September 27th, 2000 at 03:27 PM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Shouldn't I have 2 points? I had a point from Monday and then you said I got a point for Wednesday.