Istanbul vs Jorael (CHK Draft Match)

J

jorael

:eek: lol

Akki Avalanchers die. You only get 2 damage from the kami.

Istanbul
Life: 9 (?)
Hand: 0
In Play: Mountain x3, Forest x3, Plains x2, Island (UUT, UTT, UT, T)
- Journeyer's Kite (3, T: Search my library for a basic land, put it into my hand, then shuffle)
- Blood Rites (1R, sac a creature: ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player)
- Vine Kami (4/4, can't be blocked by only one creature)(T)
Graveyard: Yamabushi's Flame, Brothers of Yamazaki, Uncontrollable Anger, Kashi-Tribe Warriors, Akki Lavarunner, Hundred-Talon Kami, wear away, brutal deceiver.
RFG:

jorael
Life: 14
Hand: 1
In Play:Swamp 2x, Forest 4x, mountain 2x (TT, TTTU, TT)
-kami of fire's roar (2/3: spiritcraft = target creature can't block this turn) (T)
Graveyard: distress, Swallowing Plague, scuttling death, Feral Deceiver, Villainous Ogre, Kami of the Waning Moon, devouring greed, forest, akki avalanchers, uncontrollable anger

I

Istanbul

Bend over and try to relax; this is REALLY gonna hurt.
Untap, upkeep, draw. Tap RGGGWU to play Keiga, Tide Star.
Swing with Vine Kami.

Istanbul
Life: 9
Hand: 0
In Play: Mountain x3, Forest x3, Plains x2, Island (UUT, UTT, UT, T)
- Journeyer's Kite (3, T: Search my library for a basic land, put it into my hand, then shuffle)
- Blood Rites (1R, sac a creature: ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player)
- Vine Kami (4/4, can't be blocked by only one creature)(T)
- Keiga, the Tide Star (5/5, flying. When ~ dies, I gain control of target creature.)
Graveyard: Yamabushi's Flame, Brothers of Yamazaki, Uncontrollable Anger, Kashi-Tribe Warriors, Akki Lavarunner, Hundred-Talon Kami, wear away, brutal deceiver.
RFG:

jorael
Life: 14 (10?)
Hand: 1
In Play:Swamp 2x, Forest 4x, mountain 2x (TT, TTTU, TT)
-kami of fire's roar (2/3: spiritcraft = target creature can't block this turn) (T)
Graveyard: distress, Swallowing Plague, scuttling death, Feral Deceiver, Villainous Ogre, Kami of the Waning Moon, devouring greed, forest, akki avalanchers, uncontrollable anger

J

jorael

Ouch.

The name is Ben, Ben Dover....

You know what, I conceide. My future draws won't save me from the onslaught that is about to start.... :( Good game!

Istanbul - Jorael
2-1

J

jorael

yeah, the whole system is kinda slow. One big disadvantage. Ah well. It was learnful.

I now know NOT to compare this with drafting when picking cards. You don't get to see enough cards to go for a specific archetype. Or even 2 colors for that matter....

I

Istanbul

You're not done yet! You still have two more matches to play. This is swiss! I'll play the winner of Spidey vs. Train, and you'll play the loser of that match.

J

jorael

I know, I know. But seems we have a break for now...

I'll be better prepared for the next round after this first try :)

B

BigBlue

OK.... while I'm in recordkeeping mode with the finished game 1 of the other match...

Istanbul - Which card do you choose to keep?

Ante cards for this match were:

Dampen Thought
Rend Flesh

And after that - which cards are each of you picking as ante for your next match? (PM them)

Do you need your card lists again for the new ante?

T

train

I took our match and am awaiting the draft or play or whatever with isty....

I

Istanbul

I'll keep the Rend Flesh, but I need my card list again for ante.