Is the Magic community devolving to the wonderful sound of things falling apart?

Is the Magic community devolving to the wonderful sound of things falling apart?

• Indeed it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Not right now, at least.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

theorgg

It seems everything is falling apart in the Magic community, at least online.

Whether to Magic online or other sources, the community grows more silent just about every day. Magicthegathering.com is the only consistant site left, besides Casual Friday's.

Wakefield has acended into Godhood, and Rizzo is his new gatekeeper.

Who will dissappear next? Will Anthony Alongi step up and take his position at Rizzo's side? Will Star City's Ferrett bugger off one too many times?

Will I even care when it happens?

-Orgg, feeling a bit depressed.

M

Multani

The MOTL boards are as healthy as ever. I think that we should use some of their moderator policies.
But yes, things are falling apart, but don't worry, things will get better.
As long as Magic survives, there will always be a need for something like the Magic internet community.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
What we need are moderators for each forum. Not a large group that watches over everything. Then, if something gets out of hand somewhere, we know who is going to take care of it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gobo

I think that soon mtgnews will lower in user rate..... It seems as if thinks are falling apart in meny areas.

G

Gizmo

I think people are just beginning to realise how useless the internet is as a support net for magic players these days. Nobody with anything worth saying has any interest in telling anybody outside their own circle.

It`s interesting to note how quiet Brainburst forums have been since Regionals, once it became obvious by the awful performances of the people who had been giving out advice just how ill-qualified they were.

G

Gizmo

addendum: I think the magic 'community' is in decline, but the game is not. The sense of solidarity is being replaced by secrecy and mistrust.

T

theorgg

Like it's being thrown back into the dark ages once more.

I wonder how much this has to do with Magic Online, as well... More people are hanging around the Chatrooms on MOL rather than coming here...

G

Gizmo

Internet magic is in it`s death throes. Online testing will take the place of virtually all but the very best of online strategy content.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So is this good? Does this mean the end of netdecks (at least until after the fact, which may make them obsolete)? Is this the Dark Ages or back to the Golden Age, when no one knew anything about anything?

M

MrXarvox

Decline of online Magic?

Good.

Decline of online Magic community?

Let's have a party.

The only community of that type that I can respect at all is the CPA. The rest are just netdeck-mongers.
I'm thinking, it better be going back to the "golden age", when tournaments were fun and "banned/restricted" were house rules only, and where casual play was the only way to fly.

D

Duel

*shrugs*

Respect is a funny thing, you know....

I miss alot of the online community, but people have been talking about how much better magic was "before The Dojo fell" and "Before Wakefield quit" and I remember people talking about how much better magic was "before the Dojo became so big" and "Before Wakefield".....

Is it falling apart? I hope not. I'm always the optomist, it seems. Is it changing, yes. It may become something you don't like, but... Nothing ever goes away. Nothing ever really changes. Things just get more the way they are. Take Entropy, for example.

I'm not having MY online magic community fall apart, because I talk to Zadok and a few others outside of the board. Besides which, the boards are still here. I don't mind the lack of tech online. If I really wanted to be cutting edge, I'd take yesterdays winning decks and try to design decks that beat them. In case you didn't notice, net-decks are dying fast. But the community is different.....

The community, I hope, will survive. A few pounds lighter, surely, but a diet can be good thing.

G

Gizmo

Net decks are dying fast???

wtf?

At my last tournament the field was more netdeck weighted than I have ever seen it (a good 70% of the field, maybe more).

I

Istanbul

Isn't it obvious?

Magic sites have begun to crumble and die.
Tech is no longer shared to anyone who cares to read, because EVERYONE cares to read; it's withheld within small groups and jealously guarded.
Even the CPA itself is opening its doors to more widespread content.

I agree with Gizmo (quick, take a picture!) when I say that netdecking is huge right now; people are playing B/W Braids, Tog, or Frog...or generally losing. I'd say that Tog/Upheaval is the dominant deck right now, because...well, it *is*. It has blue, and as everyone knows, blue is pretty much it. However, I believe that these are its death throes; I doubt that it'll be nearly this bad at this time next year, unless some kind of miracle occurs.