Is that a Judge in your Pocket?

R

Rando

Tried too many petitions?

And you are how old?

If you are under 18, then yes, any signiture you've put on a petition is worthless. No offense, but no one really cares what some teenager thinks.

If you are over 18, then whatever casue that was being petitioned was worthless, because not enough people signed it.

But, in this case, since I assume that any who sign the petition will be a DCI member, the age won't matter. I for one know that I would attend many more events if they were closer to the KC area, or at least in St. Louis.

C

Chaos Turtle

Wait a sec. No offense, but why does anyone think "we" should "get involoved?" If anyone who visits this site want to get involved, then fine, but that's a personal decision.

The CPA is not a political organization. In fact it's not an organization at all, but a community. We have never acted as an entirity on any issue, and there's no reason to start now.

Want to organize a petition? Fine. But regardless of the results, no one should presume to speak on behalf of all of us.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
technically the CPA started because the Founders wanted to be a driving force in the Magic community (well, driving on certain issues). That was one of the original reasons behind the Voting Booth; to tally the sentiments of the users here and send them to WOTC.

The CPA as a whole probably won't agree on anything unanimously; that's a given. But the original premise was probably set up for the majority view.

Now of course, with the revised missions statement and all, we are more a community and hang-out than any kind of force.

Rando: Actually, if a company's target audience is under 18 (like a lot of apparel companies), they would be most interested in what teens had to say... as an example of under 18's having a "voice".

R

Rando

What a company wants is another story. I was thinking of petitions in the way of being sent to some governing body. I doubt that S.C. up there was talking about petitions to companies.

As I later said, in this case, the age would not matter since the people signing it would be DCI members.

T

TeamRegime.com

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
But regardless of the results, no one should presume to speak on behalf of all of us.
IM not 100% sure if I came across that I was speaking on behalf of CPA members. I was simply putting information forth to which the readers could make their own decision on the situation. I would never assume anything, let alone what Magic players have in thier repsective minds. I wanted this info "out there" and If someone felt the issue was worth going to the website and signing the petition, if only ONE person, then I would've achieved my goal. The goal is to let DCI/Wizards know that there needs to be change and awareness that Lincoln Nebraska events maybe suspect. And to have MAJOR events moved to Kansas City and or St. Louis...this would not only make DCI/Wizards more money but would also please an awful lot of players. The TO here, Steve Ferrell is arguably the BEST organizer of events in a 500 mile radius. Many of us spend our hard earned/ borrowed money on Magic, travel expenses and take time off from work to go to these events, The VERY least that WIZARDS can and should do is provide a professional and fair environment for us. This is not the case in Lincoln. Thats my point.

CPA is alot of things to many people. To me CPA is the pulpit of the heart and soul of Magic players. A voice or instrument if you will, of attempting to get things changed or let people be aware of Magic related topics.

If I felt there was somewhere else I could go to..I would. Guess what? There isn't.

That is all. Time for some more caffiene.

Nicholas Knight
www.teamregime.com