Is Beatdown type II legal?

K

krichaiushii

As the heading says, are the cards in Beatdown T2 legal? I ask, because such wonders as Kird Ape, Lightning Bolt, and Ernham Djinn (new art, black bordered, and FOIL -- as is the Sengir Vampire) are found within.

I doubt it is legal, based on the new symbol, a spiked mace lying horizontally to mark the cards. The card-backs are good (in contrast to the Championship decks), though, and with the exception of the Ernham Djinn and Sengir Vampire, the cards are white-bordered.

Also included in the set are Ball Lightning (new art, at least for me), Shivan Dragon, Mahamoti Djinn, among others -- five rares per deck, 2 decks in a box, 2 20-sided dice, all inside overly excessive packaging.

Enjoy.

G

Gizmo

No, at least not in the case of the cards you mentioned. If there is, for instance, a Disenchant in Beatdown then you could use that Disenchant.

A

Apollo

What Gizmo said is right; none of these boxed sets are type II legal. Only the latest edition of the base set and the last two blocks are legal. If it isn't one of those, forget about it.

K

krichaiushii

Thanks, I thought as much, but wanted confirmation.