P

Purple_jester

Here's the very latest from Sideboard.

Absorb WUU
Instant Rare
Counter target spell. You gain 3 life.

Illus. Andrew Goldhawk
226/350

Do you realize what this means? The version which goes BUU, counter target spell, spell's caster loses 3 life must also be true! ;)

D

dw51688

I heard about this. Cool card expecially for decks based around counterspell.

D

DÛke

Oh GOD!
Purple Girl, do you have any idea how much I love Black?
Well, if the B/U version you're talking about is true, than, I will, um, what...FAINT! So now, not only your spell is countered, but you get punished for playing spells in the first place!

I love Invasion:).

C

Cateran Emperor

Yes DUke, the U/B version IS real. So calm down now. At any rate, this is yet another cool Invasion card, I am so loving this set!

D

DÛke

How could you tell me to calm down!
Yeah RIGHT:)! I'm gonna party:)!

Invasion is very worthy of my money.

C

Chaos Turtle

Right.

This card is not nearly as good as the BUU version.

P

Purple_jester

I wonder what the BUU version is going to be called, Repulse perhaps? Wow. I need 4 of that, but it's rare. I'll admit it's for a good reason. Powerful stuff. your opponent loses the life. since it's not damage, it'll slip past COP's and Worship.

Looks like my B/U is coming back to life. All I need now is 100% confirmation of Lobotomy's return. ;)

Killer Joe

Any "Counter" is a good "Counter"! Bwhahahahahahahaha!
The Ultimate Counterspell
UUUUUUU
Enchantment
0: Discard your hand to counter target spell.

Now That, would be the best counterspell.

BTW, I like the gold counterspells, espspecially (and I can't believe I am going to say this about black-because I hate black), the black and blue one, if it's real.

D

Duel

I can't believe I'm saying this: I've changed my mind.

I think the u/w one is superior, though I think B/u will be a more dominant color type.

My logic? If you are already in trouble, the u/w one helps you stay alive, since you are probably countering a damage spell. On the other hand, if you have dominance, an extra 3 damage isn't gonna do much.

The only advantage to the damage?
UU= counterspell
B=3 damage
One mana, three damage. What does that remind me of? Oh yeah! Lightning bolt.

C

Cerberus

I like the card its self it is a true counter at the 3cc slot

I

Istanbul

Can anyone name for me the last three-CC counterspell that didn't give your opponent an easy way out of it?

Not Rethink...your opponent can pay the mana.

Yes, that would be Forbid. Back in EXODUS. These cards fill the gap admirably, even if they *are* rare.

R

rkoelsch

But look it is rare and requires 3 colored mana of 2 colors. In order to affectly use it the U/W deck will run 4 adarkar wastes and 4 of the U/W land in invasion as well as at least 3 or 4 more plains. I wondered put 4 of them in a deck not like counterspell or forbid.