Interesting...

D

DÛke

I was producing a song, and caught in the process, I - for some reason - decided to write a written description of not the song, but the feeling that the song is based around. It is a small paragraph that I wrote last night - usually when I read the things I write a day after I write them, I notice that they are always either stupid or wise beyond even myself. The case changed, today, when I read what I had written last night...because the paragraph makes me smile, makes me think, but I don't sense wiseness in it - something in it is just...engrossing. To me anyway. I just wanted to share it...

Desires are not necessarily sexual, however, they are necessarily sensual for they always come from a being that differentiates between pleasure and pain. When a desire is ignored, it does not die – it does not as little as flutter or fade – rather it grows stronger, burns deeper and deeper, unfolding its own mystery, beautifully hurting mercilessly, within thoughtless moments we experience, beyond love and impatience, finding momentum and – no – not violently erupt, but gently introduce to its master a kind of euphoria, a feeling neither of longing for nor a wanting to, but a precious second flooded with a pure realization that one is more alive than ever, ever before. And notice, then, how life, with all of its absurdities and tragedies, is not lived by living the desire itself, not in love or lustiness, but it is in the happiness of having a desire at all, that is, the desire conceives, not when fulfilled, but when in its utmost state of emptiness.