Interactive encyclopedia deck.

S

smurfturd

I just got the magic interactive encyclopedia and im trying to make a land destruction deck on it to play online, since i can use any card ever made, anybody got any ideas for this deck.
4 argothian wurm
4 giant growth
1 mox emerald
1 mox ruby
4 lightning bolt
4 stone rain
4 incinerate
4 thunderbolt
1 fork
3 chain lightning
4 ice storm
1 rushwood elemental
3 erhnam djinn
1 black lotus
4 taiga
9 mountain
8 forest

D

Duel

Um, I'm sure it's fine, but you give me those cards, and I can come up with a better deck.

M

Mikeymike

Here's a deck for you.

LD
Mana 23
1 mox emerald
1 mox ruby
1 black lotus
4 taiga
10 mountain
6 forest

Creatures 16
4 BoP
4 argothian wurm
4 Kird Apes
2 Gorilla Shaman or Uktabi O-rangs
2 Elvish Lyrists

Spells 21
4 Ice Storms or Creeping Molds
4 lightning bolt
4 stone rain
4 incinerate
4 Pillages
1 Fork

Fork might be uneccassary, I would SB it with Pyroblast against Blue. The BoP might be mana overkill too, could put a biggun in its place like Flailing Ogre, Manticore or Soldier (my preferences in that order). You will have more mana than them to seriously pump these guys.

I

I8Piggo

Just some details:
Take out the Giant Growths and Thunderbolts. They kinda suck.
Replace with Chain Lightning, Hammer of Bogardan, and 3 off color Moxes. Throw in Sol Ring somewhere. Painlands are good too.

Creatures: First, a word on our old friend Ernie Djinn. The day of the Erhnam has passed. As WOTC realized that green sucked, they gave it better big creatures. Look at Emporer Crocodile or Weatherseed Treefolk. For this deck, in my opinion, the creature is Blastoderm. I think Avalanche Riders would be better than Argothian Wurm. Thresher Beast might also be a possibility.

So here's my deck:

4 Blastoderm
4 Avalanche Riders

4 Stone Rain
4 Ice Storm
4 Pillage

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
2 Seal of Fire
2 Hammer of Bogardan

5 Mox
1 Black Lotus
1 Sol Ring
4 Taiga
4 Brushland
4 Forest
5 Mountain

I think if you wanted to change the deck around alot you could make it signifigantly better, but who really cares...

-Daniel

"The Durango-95 purred away real horrorshow - a nice,
warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts. Soon
it was trees and dark, my Brothers, with real country dark.
We fillied around for a while with other travellers of the
night, playing hogs of the road. Then we headed west,
what we were after now was the old surprise visit, that
was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the
old ulta violent."
-Stanley Kubrik,
A Clockwork Orange

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if this is a Type 1 deck, why aren't there more restricted cards in there? That's why they were restricted, you know... ;)

I'd add/test Strip Mine, Wheel of Fortune, Time Walk, and Black Vise (maybe Regrowth too). If I was modifying I8Piggo's deck, I'd probably take out 3 Blastoderms and the Seals. And I'd probably replace the Brushlands with Karplusan Forests if you're really bent on using Painlands (why do you need white?) Speaking of pain, maybe City of Brass is a substitute addition 'cause then you'd get blue mana for Time Walk.

Non-restricted cards: Maybe an Icy to lock down a land or prevent a creature from blocking yours.

I'm not sure how to modify the original deck... probably take out the Giant Growths, Incinerates, and Thunderbolts and experiment with the creature mix.

I

I8Piggo

Those brushlands were supposed to be Karplusan Forests. Strip Mine would be a good addition. Wheel of Fortune isn't useful enough to justify putting in the deck. Regrowth might be. It might also be a good idea to add Gorilla somewhere to handle other people's Moxes. And Incinerate might be better than Seal of Fire...

A

arhar

C'mon, it's a Type 1 deck.
Every deck in Type 1 is 5 colors.

Make it 5 colors!!!!

Add blue for Power 3 (Time Walk, Timetwister and Ancestrall Recall).

Black for Demonic Tutor and Abyss.

White for Disenchant, Balance, Land Tax and Moat.

!!!

It's not for nothing that Type 1 is called Type Brokenness.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's your deck. But card drawing is one of the most important things you can do and with Wheel of Fortune for three mana you get seven new cards? Especially since you have the Moxes which will empty out your hand quite fast... and if you have Black Vise out your opponent will be hurting... and it's not restricted for nothing!

Can you tell I like Wheel of Fortune? :)

T

terzarima

Man if you want land destruction go with W/R, hear me out. Get out a limited resourses early in the game, also get out a fountain watch to protect the Limited resourses, then when you get out a land killing card like Lay waste or Stone rain you kill one of there lands, and then you play one of your own. Tried tested and true.