Inspired by Serum Powder

S

Swiftcutter

Potion of Celerity (2)
Artifact
Any time before the game starts, if Potion of Celerity is in your hand, you may remove it from the game. If you do, you play first this game.
T, Sacrifice Potion of Celerity: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.

D

DarthFerret

Interesting concept with the pregame start ability. But if you introduce this mechanic, you might be careful as it could really get abused in a hurry.

E

evan d

This would be awesome in LD. you allways have the tempo advantage. I could hold them at two mana for the forseeible game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, it seems a bit "unbalanced". With Serum Powder, you at least have to remove your hand from the game before drawing the new cards. Here, you don't remove anything or take a "penalty" for going first.

Maybe remove an additional card or two from your hand at random along with the Potion.

D

DarthFerret

Actually, Spidey, the card is removed before the game starts, so you are already starting wint 6 in your hand instead of 7, and you do not get to draw a card (because you go first) therefore you are 2 cards down on your opponent. In my opinion, that is a Huge Huge drawback in almost any game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't know. I don't view losing the Potion as a "drawback" because you're using it for its purpose - to go first. I guess playtesting would have to be done.