Insanly Casual Dragons

T

The Firemind

I've been in the game 4 a while. Many may call me Old Fogey. Anywho, here's my casual dragon deck. And I do mean CASUAL.

16 Mountain
4 Great Furnace
4 Black Lotus
4 Mox Ruby
4 Sol Ring
4 Gauntlet of Might
4 Seething Song
4 Gamble (Or should it be 4 Magma Jet so I can use Scry 2?)
4 Fireball (Or maybe 4 Blaze? 4 Wildfire? 4 Rolling Earthquake?…)
4 Covetous Dragon
4 Dragon Mage
4 Kilnmouth Dragon
2 Rorix Bladewing
2 Ryusei, the Falling Star
Total: 64 Cards.

As you can see, we are extremely lax in our restrictions :D (if any, other than only 4 copies of a card other than basic land). Rate/Fix as best u can. Appreciate it!

J

jorael

fix as best as u can? I get the impression you're pretty happy with the current build. Have you tried Dragonstorm? Looks like you could storm together quite a few copies with all that mana-acceleration to play.

L

Limited

I don't think you need the Fireball to finish of opponents.. the Dragons will do that for ya. So, I think (depending on the decks you face) it should either be Pyroclasm or Starstorm. This will allow you to keep weenie decks in check until you can play a couple of Dragons.

I would drop the gambles all together; it takes your deck down to 60 cards and you already play 4 of (almost) each card so you don't really need to tutor for anything..

(btw: Four BLACK LOTUS?! *dies of heartattack*)

L

Limited

Dragon Arch? That lets you put Multicolored Creatures into play.. and this deck is monored.

Did you mean Quicksilver Amulet? Or Urza's Incubator?

J

Jareth, Goblin King

This deck is evil. :D There is no greater joy than smashing your opponet with a big dragon,except for maybe overrunning him with goblins, I can't decide. Know to be serious, instead of using Magma Jet have you thougt about Browbeat. Urza's Incubater and Quicksilver Amulet are both good cards. You should try the deck with each and see which works better for you.

T

The Firemind

Thanks 4 the idea, Jareth. I really like Browbeat's effect. And yes, this deck is evil. Smashing with the Kilnmouth is one of the greatest joys the game of Magic has brought me. (The other was Mizzet-Moil)

L

Lythand

Limited said:
Dragon Arch? That lets you put Multicolored Creatures into play.. and this deck is monored.

Did you mean Quicksilver Amulet? Or Urza's Incubator?
Oh I didnt realize is monored. Ussualy I see dragon decks and first thing in my mind are the multi colored dragons because most the people I play have those decks.

H

Heavy B

Hail and well met to another "Old Fogey".

These young bucks have been taking me apart for almost a month now but they're good-spirited about it and the advice is always friendly and helpful.

I wish I had something more constructive for you but I'm only recently back and as yet my advice would not be worth a cup of warm spit (as the great Mark Twain once said).

Good to see you here and I hope you get your deck where you want it.

BTW...the guys around here sometimes get a chuckle out of my playgroup's rules (FOUR STRIP MINES... !!!!!)

I have to say that you've outdone me by a long way:

4 Black Lotus
4 Mox Ruby
4 Sol Ring
4 Gauntlet of Might
Casual? What does it look like when you guys play for keeps? :eek: